GoKunming Forums

Les Miserables

ainbro (11 posts) • 0

I'd like to add Django to that list. It would be quite the spectacle to see backwoods Chinese respond to an American movie with the white man being portrayed as less than a god and demeaning ethnic minorities only to see his just deserts being served by a black man. Don't suppose that would change the language schools from posting 'White Only' job adds though (This is more a beef with Chinese than with white/Europeans)...

mamahuhuhu (1 post) • 0

ainbro probably means "Django Unchained", the 2012 movie that happens during slavery times in the West.

And no, the Chinese will unlikely be altering their opinion about Westerners after seeing this movie, but will probably improve it. They will mostly continue to be impressed by how Westerners have valets, have big houses and expensive silverware, drink fancy alcohol, and are good hearted for helping black people.

At best, you'll probably hear a lot more people repeating the N word, thinking it's as hip as a Louis Vuitton handbag.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

yeah, and the other thing i learn from tarantino's films is that it's ok to kill anyone and everyone barbarically and viciously and then giggle about it as though nothing happened.

elisabeth:) (7 posts) • 0

To go back to the topic (sort of), I guess the question is whether there is a website or any other place where we can check which movies are coming out in China and when? Does anyone know?

Related forum threads

Login to post