GoKunming Forums

Money order: china ->usa

weekapaughead (51 posts) • 0

Anyone know if it is possible to send a money order from china to the us? What would be the best way to go about this?
Thank

Stevegbrooks (6 posts) • 0

hey, I am also wondering how to do this. I think the post office might be a good place to start but I've never done this before.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

If this is a regular thing - you MAY want to consider using paypal for cross-border shipments of modest currency.

Stevegbrooks (6 posts) • 0

Hmmm,

Thanks for the help. The thing I'm trying to get doesnt accept International orders through paypal, and they will only accept international money orders, no western union. If using a credit card they will only ship to the actual billing address (which for me is in Pennsylvania, not so helpful). They don't accept Union Pay cards...so I think int. money order is really the only way. Anyone know how to do this?

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I have had similar problems with small traders who are only willing to post orders to the billing address because of the perceived (unfounded) risk.
I have had others refuse other forms of payment because of the fees that traders have to pay (ePay can be costly for traders, I have been told).

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@weekapaughead
As TICexpats notes - unless you know these people REALLY well - look elsewhere (like taobao.com, 360buy.com, dangdang.com, etc). They're essentially asking you to send them cash based on faith that they'll ship you the product you seek.

Related forum threads

Login to post