GoKunming Forums

Chinese Film Night

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

CHINESE FILM NIGHT

I'll put this in the Events listing too, but as it might get lost amongst the listings for the bars and restuarants, here's something for anyone interested in Chinese film:

Robert's School (Mei's Mandarin) is starting a weekly Chinese Film Night, Tuesday nights at 7pm. Each week films will be screened by different Chinese directors (Jia Zhangke, Zhang Yuan, Chen Kaige, Zhang Yimou, Lou Ye, Wang Xiaoshuai, etc) in Mandarin with English subtitles. There will be a short introduction and a chance to chat about the film in English and/or Mandarin afterwards. All are welcome. For more information or to join the mailing list, email: jenny.germann@gmail.com

NEXT FILM ON JANUARY 10th: "Raise the Red Lantern"

Address: Robert's School, Room B-05, 3rd Floor, 32 LongXiang Jie (diagonally across from the cinema at the end of WenLin Jie)

Jean Luc Godard (11 posts) • 0

Hi,
I'm very interested in it. I will be faithfull to this event. Each wednesday I already join the documentary movies sessions in Yunda. Of course, as the 2d university semester starts end of february, we, teachers, will join in that time.
Pz put me in your mailing list. Many thanks,
Olivier

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Great to have so much interest. The next film being shown is on Tuesday
February 7 at 7pm (should be room B-5).
It will be "Unknown Pleasures" by Jia Zhangke preceded by an informative introduction and followed by a short discussion for those with the time and interest (in Chinese and English).
The event should b on the GoKunming Calendar shortly. We'll take email addresses at the film showing and make up a mailing list.

JennyG (4 posts) • 0

The film night continues this Tuesday at 7:00pm at Robert's School, room B-05. This week we will be screening Blind Shaft by Li Yang - trailer available here: www.kino.com/blindshaft/ The film will be in Mandarin with English subtitles. All are welcome!

Related forum threads

Login to post