GoKunming Forums

Tibet permit

offerazi (23 posts) • 0

I was already discussed here in the past, but i can't really get accurate answer for it.

I want to go travel in Tibet in my winter holidy, but i dunnu whats the rules now with the permits and groups.

I hold a student visa? does it metter? or i should apply regular like tourist visa holder does?

Can i do it by myself or I still need to do everything through an agency?

and is it really like that? that all the tourist that goes to Tibet really go like sheeps with tour guide?

thanks for answers
and plz save the commercials to urself

Ravi Gautam (20 posts) • 0

When you fly into Lhasa you will need to show this permit when checking in at the airport. Also, in order to buy a flight to Lhasa in the first place you will need to show this permit. TTB permits are also needed by groups traveling by Land Cruiser, but this will be arranged by the travel agency organizing the trip.

offerazi (23 posts) • 0

thanks for the answer, yet i didnt understand few things

1. Can a solo-traveler can get this permit? or only when he is part of a group

2. how much this permit costs? when everyone say that travel to tibet is expensive for forgeirners, is it becuase the permit is expensive or because it must be in a group and the agencies charge alot?

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

My understanding.
As a non Chinese citizen you need to be part of a group to get the permit.

For a definitive answer, go to a travel agency and get them to get the travel permit for you.

I also believe that the answer can change depending on political sensitivity at the time. Travel permits have been known to be unavailable in the past.

HELEN W (3 posts) • 0

外国人入藏旅游批准函

外国人为何需要办理"入藏旅游批准函"?

鉴于西藏特殊的民族传统文化古迹和生态环境保护的需要,同时也因西藏的交通状况和旅游服务设施及接待能力,政府规定非中国公民身份持有者,即外国旅游客人,台湾游客及海外华人(香港澳门居民持中国特区护照或回乡证者除外),在进入西藏旅游前,必须办理由西藏自治区旅游局[TTB]签发的"外国人入藏旅游批准函",同时,也规定外国记者和外交官不能以旅游者身份进藏

哪些人需要办理"入藏旅游批准函"

1、非中国公民身份证持有者中国台湾的游客

2、非中国护照持有者外籍护照持有者

海外华人若无中国护照也需办理"入藏旅游批准函"。

现已取消港澳地区人员进藏旅游必须提供"入藏旅游批准函"的规定港澳游客持中国特区护照、"港澳同胞回乡证"(1998年以前签发,有效期10)"港澳居民来往内地通行证"均可自行赴藏旅游

外国人旅藏的有关规定

根据国家旅游局规定,外国旅游者台湾游客和海外华人(香港澳门居民持中国特区护照或回乡证者除外)在藏期间不允许自行旅游,不论客人人数多少,必须有组织有计划地组团旅游

凡有组织的海外旅游团队须由其委托的旅行社向西藏旅游局及其各地办事处申请入藏批准函对欲进藏的海外散客,西藏自治区旅游局分别在北京上海成都格尔木设立各地办事机构,具体负责海外散客

如何办理"外国人入藏旅游批准函"?

签证境外旅游者首先需要在所在地的中国驻外使()馆办理中国签证,与中国缔结免签证协定的国家除外

申请入藏旅游批准函

请将您的基本信息(包括姓名国籍年龄性别职业护照号码)、进藏路线大致游程时间旅行意向联系电话等资料经所在地的旅行社或直接提交给西藏旅游局驻各地的指定办事机构,同时将护照首页和签证的复印件传真或Email给我们,您会在2-4日内得到入藏的有关确认手续

在收到客人的护照和签证复印件后通常可即刻签出"外国人入藏旅游批准函"。虽然只需要3个工作日审核签发此入藏批准函,但考虑到与客人相关的机票酒店向导与车辆等旅游事项的安排预定工作,请尽可能早一些办理申请手续,以便就入藏旅行线路时间地点等有关资料得到相应确认

HELEN W (3 posts) • 0

办理"入藏函"各地办事处
西藏自治区旅游局办理"入藏函"各地办事处

北京办事处:北京市宣武区广安门外大街机械大厦520 
成都办事处四川省成都市草市街123号时代锋尚901   
上海办事处上海市南京(图库)东路233,老介福商厦六楼   
格尔木办事处青海(图库)省格尔木市盐桥路79   
拉萨办事处拉萨市北京中路33

jonssmith1 (10 posts) • 0

Tibet Permits and Chinese Visa

Please be noticed that Chinese Visa and Tibet Permit are two things totally different.

To enter Tibet, or any part of China excepting Hong Kong and Macao (Visitors to Hong Kong, holding passports from some countries do not need a visa when staying for a specified free period), a Chinese visa is necessary. You'd better obtain it before leaving your home country unless you are taking a package tour to enter Tibet from Nepal by overland or flight (see below in detail).

When applying for a visa as an independent traveler, your application might be rejected if you mention plans to visit Tibet. There is a trick that when you apply for the Chinese visa, you don't need to tell the officer that you have the plan for traveling to Tibet; you could only inform them you want to travel to somewhere else of China such as Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu etc. or else the application would become complicated and arduous.

<a href="www.howardjohnsonhotelsorlando.com">
Orlando inn</a>

Naturallychina (34 posts) • 0

Hi,

Travel Permit is required if you want to travel to Tibet, if you provide the passport copies (photo page, visa page), the travel agency could arrange it for you, it usually takes 15-20 days to arrange it.

If you need it, you may contact us to help you further.

Kind regards,
Linda Lin

Wonders Of Yunnan Travel
www.wondersofyunnan.com
t: 0871-3512729
e: info@wondersofyunnan.com

Related forum threads

Login to post