GoKunming Forums

Bangladesh

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Has anyone taken the direct flight from Kunming to Dacca (assuming it's still running)? Is a visa available on arrival (for western or for Chinese both)? If not, any recommendations as to how/where to get a visa beforehand? Does it really involve a trip to BJ/SH/HK? Are there agents? Thanks in advance.

Thank you. A noisy and muddled website, but I finally tracked down the information I needed there. Appreciate your response.

Bernie (101 posts) • 0

China Eastern flight MU5708 ETD Kunming 12:55 am, ETA Dhaka 01:00 am.

A 30-day visa will be attached to your passport on arrival in Dhaka.

You ought to have immunization for measles.

OFFICIAL WARNING: Foreign Affairs advises against all travel to the Chittagong Hill Tracts region, where there is a high risk of politically motivated violence, ethnic clashes and kidnappings. Bangladeshi authorities must be notified seven days before any travel to this region. Exercise extreme caution, maintain a high level of personal security awareness at all times, monitor local developments, and avoid crowds and demonstrations.

That's really useful Bernie, thank you. Is that true for Chinese nationals (as well as US, Europeans, etc) do you know?

Yuanyangren (297 posts) • 0

My 2 cents - it seems that even if Chinese nationals are eligible for a visa-on-arrival the Chinese government does not let its nationals leave the country without a visa for that country. Things may have changed, but every Chinese person on the flight from Kunming to Vientiane I was on in March had a visa in their passport (no one used the visa-on-arrival facility at Vientiane airport). Similarly, I observed numerous Chinese people at Bangkok airport with Thai visas from the Embassy in Beijing; this despite Chinese citizens being eligible for visas on arrival in Thailand too.

senorboogiewoogie (15 posts) • 0

Bangladesh is a country that I would see the first time with a tour group, or if I knew someone there. I think it would be an interesting place to see and visit, but a place that is very, very stinky poor and crowded. When I mean poor, I mean gut wrenching poverty.

This country is also very condensed with people. A nation the size of Arkansas with the population of France and Germany combined. Not to mention the floodplain.

It's not that I would not want to go there, but it is not on the hit parade for places to go despite the exotic name.

Related forum threads

Login to post