GoKunming Forums

"Disney English School"

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

Recently got an offer from a school called "Disney English School". Does anyone know if Disney is in the business of running schools in China or if its just some Chinese guys being all creative and stuff?

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

if the email domain is NOT disney.com.cn (or similar) or if letterhead and logos look crappy low quality - it's fake. IF they're using Disney images - high probability it's an IP rip off and Disney China will be quite displeased.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

I got this email. It does not say if you gotta wear a Goofy costume.

Position Overview
Disney is looking for experienced individuals to instruct children aged 2-10 at Disney English Language Learning Centers in Shanghai and Beijing.
Trainers will use an innovative and immersive Disney program, leveraging Disney's beloved characters, stories, songs, animation and other materials, to provide a highly engaging and effective premium learning experience.
The English Language Trainer reports to the Language Learning Director (LLD) in the Disney English Language Learning Center.

We have 2 programs that we run in the school. The 1st program hours are 8:30am-4:30pm and the 2nd program hours are 1:00-9:00pm.
Teachers work a 40 hour work week including all weekend and have 2 days off during the week. The Saturday shift is 12 hours.

Salary is 10,500RMB per month, plus Housing Allowance of 4,350RMB per month and an arrival bonus of 7000RMB paid within 3 weeks of arriving. Staff receive many other benefits including Health Insurance.

Main Responsibilities
• Become proficient in delivering the Disney English interactive content and comprehensive classroom/home delivery of Disney English including the "on-line" parent portal.
• Use scripted printed materials, multimedia and a variety of audio-visual aids. There is emphasis on dialogue, story-telling, singing and role-playing, but more formal exercises, language games and literature are also used.
• Work with local Assistant Trainers to ensure classes are run efficiently and start and end as scheduled.
• Prepare lessons, realia, print materials, technology and supplemental materials prior to the start of each class.
• Attend weekly meetings with the LLD to communicate all pertinent student and classroom management issues.
• Participate in outside of classroom academic, marketing and Center social events as needed
• Collect audio & visual portfolio evidence of language learner work during lessons.
• Provide private lessons to young language learners as required due to learner absences or for students that are falling behind the class.
• Deliver both formal and informal assessments and progress reports throughout the program and keep close oversight on all learner records.
• Interact with both parents and young language learners in a way that makes language learning fun, engaging and educational.
• With local Assistant Trainers, maintain strong communication with parents as to their children's progress by means of the Teacher/Parent portal and ongoing communication during performances, phone calls and parent/teacher conferences

Job qualifications:
• Bachelors degree required; advanced or education degrees preferred
• Minimum of 2 year experience teaching to children (preferably ESL or EFL)
• Native English speaker
• Internationally recognized TEFL or TESOL certification
• Creativity and excitement to bring a unique personality to the Disney English classroom including talents in music, art, and performing arts
• Commit to a minimum of a 12 month contract

If interested please email:

Ania Przechodzka
English Teacher Recruiter
ania.przechodzka@disney.com
__._,_.___

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

Yeah, maybe I should clarify a bit. I didn't know before that Disney actually ran schools even though I knew about their books/teaching systems. I checked online and found that they do run a number of schools -mainly on the east coast- and the websites look legit. They don't mention anything about Yunnan though hence I figured it might a counterfeit school (funny term).

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@geezer's mail is legit - assuming they haven't spoofed the email address.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

I think it is legit, been more than a year in operation. I think the Disney name would appeal to Chinese. The high pay, $1,700 USD a month is pretty good although in Beijing and Shanghai it won't go far.

JJ and Janice (324 posts) • 0

It is my understanding that Disney acquired (purchased?) list of TEFL grads fm ITTT. Offer/announcement went out to those folks.

Offer starts with 4-week training in Thailand with subsequent job offer teaching in China. I believe that their only current China locations are Beijing and Shanghai - - but could be more.

Related forum threads

Login to post