GoKunming Forums

Clubs in Kunming

serious_ (23 posts) • 0

Greetings.

I love the bars and coffeeplaces here in Kunming, but since im new i still havent found out if there's some sort of clublife?

Basically, what im looking for is a "western-style" nightclub!

+big place
+REAL clubmusic
+popular place

Thank youuu

Moritvri (6 posts) • 0

you could go to kunedo, fits the descrition but its for all purposes in my view a shithole. the music will be western, hundreds of people, but everyone will stand about and stare at eachother, and people will show of their money, if your lucky you might meet a nice hooker or two.

Yuanyangren (297 posts) • 0

Don't you mean Kundu? Yes, Kundu is OK but the music is just so-so...a combination of new and older (like 10-15 year old) western pop/hip-hop/rap and Chinese music. They also alternative between a live band (or singer) and recorded tracks. From my experience the ratio between western and Chinese music is skewed slightly in favor of western music, but that doesn't mean they have good tunes.

Many people don't seem to like Kundu much (this includes both Chinese people and foreigners) since the place has a bad reputation for violence and shadiness. From what I could tell, Kundu seems safe enough, especially if you stay out of people's business, although most people inside would be willing to share drinks, food etc. with you inside the club if you smile and strike up a conversation. One of the other main negatives is that you'll come home stinking of cigarette smoke combined with sweat etc. the former of which is still an unfortunate reality in China (in many countries, smoking has been banned in nightclubs and rightly so). Therefore, Kundu is a very unhealthy place to frequent regularly just for this reason alone.

samueljames (2 posts) • 0

Iv'e gone once or twice a month for like 7 months now.

It's not like clubbing back home (australia) but its still good fun. Easy as to get laid if thats what your looking for, just be sure to use protection and take em outside to get a good look cos makeup and bad lighting can work miracles. I have seen no violence. Plenty of free alcohol to be had if you play it smart.

My recommendation:

88 (kundu)
babi (kundu)
Camel - not in kundu but when they have events good fun.

Have fun and take care

Yuanyangren (297 posts) • 0

@samueljames, I agree about the "free" alcohol part, but don't go begging for booze and pissing in the DJ booth as one infamous Aussie did some months back, because this tends to get foreigners temporarily banned for a few weeks or so. In terms of free alcohol, if you stand around and act friendly, you'll be invited to share drinks with a group of locals...88 also offers free drinks to foreigners at times.

gaoxing (63 posts) • 0

The Kundu was one of my first stops when I was in Kunming looking for Chinese poon. I got a ton of looks from the girls there but since I couldn't speak very much Chinese, I didn't get laid.

If you are somewhat decent looking and you can speak Chinese, you can probably find a different girl every night at the Kundu and get laid.

TuDou77 (2 posts) • 0

chinese poon is what exactly??? or is this place exactly as the rumours go a sex tourist hook up site? what will all the weirdo sex tourist do when tog kunming has been sold?....Maybe one will buy it, but I doubt it as none of them seem to have any money.

charles2 (2 posts) • 0

Tudou,
Chinese poon means getting inside the pants of Chinese women in China.
I guess you think only "weirdos" go to clubs to hook up, even while living in other countries. If they were normal, what would they be doing instead?

If you think calling people poor is a good insult, what kind of person does that make you? Mr. Potter from "It's a wonderful Life" ?

Are you just an anti-sex prude, or also a xenophobe?

Related forum threads

Login to post