GoKunming Forums

TEFL and IELTS

Debby (17 posts) • 0

Hi,

I'm thinking about doing a TEFL and/or an IELTS here in Kunming. Anyone know where to go and what to do?

Vincent86 (7 posts) • 0

You can choose the text location and test time on internet first and then come to Yunnan University foreign language college. Here is the place you can join the test~

onlyone (156 posts) • 0

IELTS have exam location at Yunnan University the exam costs about 1500 Yuan.No TELF exams or centers in kunming .

lummerlaoshi (130 posts) • 0

You can register for the IELTS test at www.ielts.org or www.chinaielts.org/en/ for the Kunming test centre then take the test at Yunnan University. Yunnan University also has a TOEFL test centre if you meant TOEFL instead of TEFL (teaching English as a Foreign Language). Maybe check out www.toeflgoanywhere.org or www.ets.org for more details of test registration.

Debby (17 posts) • 0

Thanks! I checked out the site and I read something about IELTS books. I am not a native speaker, thats why I want to do this test, but my English is good. Do I still need to prepare for this test?

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Yes you must prepare. Knowing how to answer the question will make a big difference to your grades. I would also suggest you do the tests at least twice. The first test will be a big learning opportunity.

There are IELTS books in Chinese that will cover all the test skills. Try Xinhua bookstore.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

The best place to for for TEFL training is in Zhuhai, Guandong. Google GLV Zhuhai = I attended this course and it is a great place to learn.

JJ and Janice (324 posts) • 0

As mentioned by lummerlaoshi - - there is a difference between TEFL & TOEFL. TEFL is Teaching English as a Foreign Language. You can do the teaching course on-line. It is a 100-hour course through ITTT (International TEFL Teacher Training - at www.teflonline.net).
TOEFL is Test of English as a Foreign Language and those scores are required by many colleges in US prior to enrollment.

Related forum threads

Login to post