GoKunming Forums

Yoga in Kunming

cboo31 (4 posts) • 0

Hey, does anyone know of a good, reasonably priced gym/place that offers yoga classes? Any type of yoga is fine. I also don't mind whether classes are in Chinese or English. I'd appreciate any kind of recommendation. Thanks in advance!

Christine

Debby (17 posts) • 0

Hello Christine,

I did some research myself, because I want to start with Yoga soon. I found www.fxyoga.com and www.yutaoyoga.com

There are loads of Yoga centers and classes here in Kunming, but I think these are 2 of the best!

Good luck!

Debby (17 posts) • 0

I only found out the costs of yutaoyoga. Around 60 RMB a lesson. They are changing the prices now, so don't know if it goes up or down.

chingalingcn (8 posts) • 0

I will be visiting Kunming for two weeks during the Chinese New Year holidays but I'm wondering if I can find any drop-in or pay-per-class type of yoga classes to continue my practice while I'm there? Thanks!

cboo31 (4 posts) • 0

Definitely go to Tao's yoga studio www.yutaoyoga.com !

I lived in Kunming last summer and went there all the time after work.

It's really convenient to get to by bus and it's right by all of the big malls. The teachers are great - Tao can somehow pay attention to everyone there and help you out if you need it.

I also liked going there because Tao and a few of the other employees there can speak English really well, which was helpful when I didn't know the Chinese word for lumbar...

Juli_an (9 posts) • 0

There is a Yoga studio in the middle of Green Lake. It is called fashion Yoga. The atmosphere down there is quite good as it is attached to a tea house after the lessons you can sit next to the lake and drink some tea for free. The teachers are Yogis from India. I think they teach very tradional indian Yoga. Lesson language is usually English. Only two of them speak Chinese so they will hold lessons bilingual. They have classes for different levels everyday.
I think 60Yuan for one lesson is quite expensive. But that is how much you pay for Yoga in Kunming.

There is another Yoga studio on Renminlu. It is called Yutao Yoga. The teaching is also very good and the price is about the same if not more expensive.

Related forum threads

Login to post