GoKunming Forums

What the #*%$s wrong with the internet?

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

............ however this site is currently running like a pregnant sloth pushing a herd of drunk elephants along Beijing Lu during a Friday night rush hour and after attending a sloth convention in a Moutai distillery.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

baidu.com joy here - but I'm using google's DNS (maybe your DNS server is down). I've heard Oz is also suffering from chronic pregnant sloth syndrome.

Bagel (5 posts) • 0

My 4mbps telecom connection has gotten progressively worse over the past month or so. Even when things seemed to be working alright I could rarely get over 2 mbps, so I switched to a 2mb connection today and things seem to be exactly the same.

I've started to think that telecom does some very strong prioritizing. Sometimes I can barely get gokunming.com, skritter.cn or caing.com to load at all, yet internet giants like baidu and youku are still plenty fast. Needless to say at these times I can't connect to foreign sites at all.

Perhaps China Telecom is experimenting with tiered service to make their 500kbps service seem like 4mbps.

taejonwill (38 posts) • 0

It looks like I'm not the only one. I have been studying math and found a website: www.khanacademy.org based on autodidact learning and it has been consistently blocked. Is this a general lowering of bandwidth or is the GCF blocking this site too?

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

Could be the firewall. I tried to connect and failed. Started VPN and tried again with success. Is this a site that teaches math for dissidents?

somenick (107 posts) • 0

tajonwill, I don't see a reason why the site is blocked. Probably because the vids are hosted on youtube?
Anyway, I have the chemistry and calculus and some arithmatic vids already. You can run a local mirror of the site on your personal computer.
pm me if you need the files..

Related forum threads

Login to post