GoKunming Forums

China-related conferences?

thatguyted (34 posts) • 0

Does anyone know of any academic conferences going on this Spring/Summer? I'm looking to attend a China-related conference held in any country in East Asia or Southeast Asia. I know this is very vague, but I don't know where to look!
Thanks

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

There have been a number of Webinars on the Macmillan Website, some of them are Asia related.

These were in the field of ESL.

What field were you thinking of?

thatguyted (34 posts) • 0

Thanks for the response, tigertiger. I should have been more specific in my post. I have been invited to apply for a $500 grant to cover expenses for "activities related to professional or academic development". For me, that means anything related to China(ancient, modern, history, literature, anything!), Mandarin, Anthropology, or SLA. Yep, the range is very broad, so I was hoping to hear of any conferences going on, or even better, websites which would list upcoming events.

Thanks again!

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I assume you are already located in China.

Unless you are a mandarin speaker, the biggest problem will be finding a conference in which English is spoken. Or where they have simultaneous translation.

I can only offer suggestions, not answers.
Your best bet would be to check with the international affairs departments of the major universities in China as they will be the ones holding the international conferences.
You could also contact the educational affairs departments of the embassies of the major English speaking countries. They may know of a website listing conferences.
Check to see if the China education ministry has a webpage for conferences.

Contact the Confucius Institute HQ in China for info as they seem to have a finger in every pie.

Also check to see if there are any conferences running in parallel with the Education Fairs and Book Fairs.

Related forum threads

Login to post