GoKunming Forums

Local Art

Brian (17 posts) • 0

I was walking around Green Lake a couple of weeks ago and saw a young lady painting a beautiful oil painting of the lake area. I have been to several art shops around the area since then (including one near Yun Da's main gate, one on Yi Er Yi St. and several at the Bird and Flower Market downtown), but I was not able to locate any art depicting anything in the greater Kunming area.

Does anyone know of any place that might sell local original art or prints of the Kunming area city/landscape, or even how to contact some local artists individually who might be willing to sell their work for a reasonable price?

Thanks!
Brian

cyskmg (6 posts) • 0

i would try yunnan arts institute, since supposedly the local artists are trained there. also, maybe yun da?

do you or anyone out there know of some good galleries or upcoming art exhibits? can i request gokunming to post these sort of exhibits on their calendar?

thanks!

chris (144 posts) • 0

Hi Brian, cyskmg,

We have a list of galleries here: www.gokunming.com/en/listings/index.php?category_id=94

Feel free to suggest additions to any of our listings via this form: www.gokunming.com/en/listings/add.php

We always put any exhibitions/exhibition openings we hear about on our calendar... the main problem is there aren't so many. TC/G Nordica and Yunart tend to be the main galleries for exhibitions, but we're happy to mention exhibitions at other venues.

Please feel free to send us information about any art events via our contact form: www.gokunming.com/en/contact/contact.php

Thanks,
Chris

Related forum threads

Login to post