GoKunming Forums

expat population in Kunming

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Religion was thought of as a way to enslave this world. I agree with Danmairen. No religion is the best thing that could happen.

seahorse62 (141 posts) • 0

As I read this thread, it wreaks of ignorance. The first sign of ignorance is the thought that the only foreigners in KM have round eyes, tall noses, and white skin. It is obvious that mkunming is much more intelligent than those ranting on this thread. Koreans are indeed part of the expat community, and they probably equal or out number those with Western ethnicities.

The second sign of ignorance is that of bashing the Christian community. No one said it, but you consider yourself more enlightened because you are not "NARROW MINDED." In fact, I believe that you could look through a key hole at this moment. You are way more narrow minded than most evangelical Christians in KM.

Finally, for those of you bashing the "religious" community, I want to ask what you are putting into this community? Besides holding down a bar stool and a 40oz at Salvador's as well as chasing Chinese tail, are you contributing any to the people of Yunnan?

I have heard stories of the "religious" community digging water wells for earthquake victims after the Sichuan earthquake. Others are teaching more efficient farming techniques so Chinese farmers yield more abundant crops. Others help the forgotten like orphans, prostitutes, and drug addicts. Again, what are you guys doing? What difference in THIS corner of the world are you making? Get over yourselves!! Your selfish ME FIRST attitude is what enslaves the world. America is falling to pieces because of selfish capitalism. Getting mortgages they can not afford to keep up with the Jones is what humanism leads to. Finally, remember you to are 'religious.' The only difference is you worship bankrupt self. G-day mates.

sanyiseul (104 posts) • 0

Seahorse, I think we all agree it is a good thing to help uneducated and poor people. Getting people out of prostitution is great too. And I would never say anything if those helpers would do it just because they want to do it. But in most of the cases it comes with a whole religious package. Praying in front of farmers, playing religious music to workers etc.

Why most people dont do such good work? Most people dont have the money. Of course it is more easy for missionaries to help, they have churches in their back with cash.
If you can tell me a church who is willing to spend money just to help I am more than willing to to something good with it. But this help would come without the whole religious package.
And I guess there are more people like this in Kunming.

But what church is interested in that???? Help without getting anything back? No new members?

Now the question, who is selfish?

seahorse62 (141 posts) • 0

Last time I checked, the 'religious' community does not go out and twist arms and make threats for people to believe. Again, you show your lack of knowledge of Christianity (and we all know you mean Christian when you say religious) when you think they want something back. Jesus summed the Christian life into two tenets-- Love God and Love your neighbor. Digging wells, helping orphans, schooling migrant children is loving your neighbor, and if someone chooses to believe, that is their decision. Forced conversion is not a tenet of Christian belief. Therefore, I suggest you stop being a burden to the Chinese society and bashing those who simply want to help these people. In the time I wrote my first response, a new thread popped up asking for an open minded Chinese girl to have fun in bed with. Why aren't you blasting this guy? Stop sucking the life from this culture and put back into it. When you do this, you can then bad talk those who do this!!

rpw37 (5 posts) • 0

Monsieur Horse, without wishing to get into a low-level theological discussion, any system that makes 'faith' more important than being good can in no way claim moral authority. "Forced conversion is not a tenet of Christian belief." is an interesting claim, given that it has been the modus operandi of said pagan-egyptian hybrid for roughly 1950 of the last 2000 years. In addition, claiming that "you to [sic] are 'religious.' The only difference is you worship [sic] bankrupt self." is palpable nonsense. A lack of belief is not the same as holding a different belief. The arrogant assumption that we can know and understand all is yours, my friend. When I don't know something, I don't simply fill in the gaps with an all-powerful being that explains everything, I admit my ignorance and hopefully eventually find an answer with a degree of evidence, which in turn brings me to the baffling claim, "You are way more narrow minded than most evangelical Christians". I don't even know where to start on this. Faith rejects reason. Reason is what leads to questioning. Questioning is the foundation of an open mind.

Plus, "[all kinds of bad stuff] is what humanism leads to" - Humanism was also a key factor in the enlightenment in Europe, the philosophy of Locke and Paine that informed the founding tenets of the United States, and the movement away from stultifying theocracy towards democracy. What an awful legacy to leave....

Anybody that helps people in need gets my full support, but if the only reason that they are helping others is because they think God wants them to, or on penalty of damnation, then my support is somewhat qualified. The implication here is that if it wasn't for 'God', then you wouldn't help others, which is in equal measure horrifying and false. Do good things because they're good, and do them because you want to help people. Simple.

onlyone (156 posts) • 0

It seems that seahorse62 is the only person who knows everything in his opinion!!! we are very clear about the Korean Christian schools in kunming .More over in Yunnan too .We know how much money exactly to be transformed for converting Chinese citizen to be Christians.All for money all for benefits. Christianity are blooded hands in every where around the world .We very aware about the plan to change China to be christian nation within 40 years .Little shame on your faces you should be thankful for the country which opened its border to you stop violating the Chinese law go preach within your own nations .Leave us live peacefully without trouble with China because of you.I hope the little boys of the international coffee shop in Bai Ma got the message and stop their activities which have no benefits to any one .

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.