GoKunming Forums

Getting China Work Visa in Hong Kong

Kristen McDonald (1 post) • 0

In case anyone can benefit from this: I just did a visa run to HK where I attempted to get a 6 month F visa. I had all the right paperwork. The Chinese consulate visa office told me they are only giving 30 day visas for China right now, period. I am not sure if this is also true for tourist visas, but I suspect so. If you are going to do a visa run, may I recommend spending your wait time on Lamma Island, where midweek you can stay in an AC room a Kathmandu guest house for 150, and then go swim at the beach. Anyone have any recent experience trying to get a work visa extension in Kunming?

Greginchina (239 posts) • 0

Ok, well firstly an F visa is not a work visa. Its a business visa - doesn't allow you the right to work or earn salary. A work visa is a Z visa and it still is valid only for entering the country. you then need to get the residence permit and work permit.

If all you need is the business F visa for a longer term you could try going to a travel agent rather than china consulate. they can usually get much better deals for you through their contacts. In the past i've used travel expert - they have branches all over the city.

I recently went to Hong Kong to get a visa for my daughter and they will only do 3 months double entry for anyone without Hong Kong ID.

redmoon (41 posts) • 0

Greginchina; Can you elaborate on this company you use to extend F visa? Is the name of the company "Travel Expert"? Do you know the chinese name?
Thanks

Greginchina (239 posts) • 0

it is not to extend an F visa. extensions can only be done within mainland China. Outside mainland China you can only get a new visa. An extension can only happen when you are inside the country using the visa you want to extend.

Its a chain of Hong Kong travel agents that i've used a few times to get visas.

I'm afraid I don't know their Chinese name but they're easy to find as they have branches all over the city.

spunz (17 posts) • 0

Anybody knows what the "residence permit for foreigners" is, how can I get it and how much is it ?
Thanks, spunz

Related forum threads

Login to post