GoKunming Forums

Where to good quality teapots and teaware?

Tina7 (5 posts) • 0

Hi,

I´m new to Kunming and would like to buy things for the Gongfucha tea-ceremony. Does anybody know about good teashops for high quality yixing teapots, tea trays or tea accessoires (cha ju) or oolong tea?

Please reply with the full address (pinyin or characters), as I`m not familiar with the local landmarks such as restaurants, hotels or clubs.
Thanks for your help!

TheSwedishGuy (64 posts) • 0

There used to be a teamarket behind Wall Mart at Xiaoximen, however I wouldn't try buying any teapots etc. here unless you bring a Chinese person with some knowledge. There are thousands of fakes around. I have 10 different teapots back home, they were all selected by a few tea loving friends of mine and together with some 4-7 year old Pu'er tea it's divine! :) Make sure to get some fragrance cups as well and some expensive tieguanyin tea. At least 100 kuai/hg. Don't buy any tea produced this year though, the drought etc has produced bad quality tea this year.

birdabroad (40 posts) • 0

There is a place that people mostly just call "the tea market" - it's a sprawling place, generally empty, with tons of shops selling tea leaves, tea pots, tea sets, furniture for sitting and drinking tea...Explore the 2nd floor (2nd floor if you're American, 1st floor if you're European) areas, there are a few really good shops up there.

I believe in Chinese it's just called the 茶叶市场. It's located in the Northeast corner block of Beijing Lu and Erhuan Bei Lu Road Close to Jinshi Xiaoqu. If you look at this area on Google maps you'll see what I mean.

Related forum threads

Login to post