GoKunming Forums

Answer to ' Kunming is OVERRATED'

Ian_Kunming (126 posts) • 0

You left home when mommy kicked you out on your 31st birthday?
The girls just don't understand you back home?
Couldn't get in a job in spite of your qualifications and charismatic personality?
Decided home was OVERRATED, too?
Too scared to start a proper thread and post your opinions as classifieds?
Cruel, cruel world doesn't respect you, and it's of course not your fault?

This is precious, gaoxing, please post more.
Yeah, the Phillippino girls, THEY know how to treat their men! And whereto after that disappointment?

Jollibee (1 post) • 0

Oh man!
Your world revolves around Salvador's?
No wonder you are fading away. Well, maybe like u fade away anyway you go.

Maybe you shud go back to your own neighbourhood to find someone of your own for company.

Even if you go to the Philippines, bet you cant find a company there cause am sure they have high morals, unlike you. Even if you manage to buy a few with ur money, bet those comes with a life time STDs and HIV.

My advice is.... go to ur mum and ur sis for advice. But then again, maybe u have only urself

JJ and Janice (324 posts) • 0

Wow!! can't get laid?? Have to advertise for sex?? Desperate?? Perhaps we should have sympathy for someone so ________?
Cheers - - JJ

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Now now - so what if gaoxing can't find the entertainment he believes is more readily available in the PI. I suggest we all encourage and help him to move ASAP instead of flaming which serves no purpose. Besides - Kunming is rather boring - gaoxing's energy would only upset the fengshui here and actually fits in better with such lively places as the PI and Bangkok. The PI is definitely more exciting AND they speak english! Gaoxing, we look forwards to your imminent moving sale!

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

You probably need to look like the Elephant Man with a slight coating of Asperger's not to get laid in Kunming but maybe that's the problem.

netkid2010 (1 post) • 0

I was laughing....so narrow minded, go and check out other cities pls, he will think EARTH is OVERRATED too.
Then what?

sepaa (1 post) • 0

As much as you sound like a sleaze bag, gaoxing, your rants do have a point. Some expats in Kuching are so desperate to be cool they are cold, and they need some flaming.
Their smugness seems to come from speaking a little Chinese, which is kinda ludicrous, seeing a billion others can do it better.
Maybe you should get out of Asia. For the most part, expats in places like Kunming are running away from their lives, scratching a living or drinking/drugging themselves into oblivion because it is cheap. At home they are nobodies, but in Asia they can play the exotic neo-colonial of higher caste simply because they have white skin, a little money or can speak English.
But, hey, everybody wants to be somebody and Kunming ain't a bad place to pretend you are, as long as you're not too smug about it or too much of a prick. Sounds like could become the latter. Go home, before it's too late.

vexed (31 posts) • 0

"For the most part, expats in places like Kunming are running away from their lives, scratching a living or drinking/drugging themselves into oblivion because it is cheap."

The most part? When was this extensive survey of Kunming Expats taken? Sure, there are some people who fall into that category but the majority of people I've met are normal people wanting to enjoy life out here and a new culture / language.

"At home they are nobodies, but in Asia they can play the exotic neo-colonial of higher caste simply because they have white skin, a little money or can speak English."

Why does everybody have to be somebody? Why can't we just be!? Who decides if we are somebody anyway? My mommy said I'm somebody, does that count?

Anybody who calls somebody a nobody is probably a nobody themselves... including me.

gaoxing (63 posts) • 0

Seppa:

I am glad you agree with me somewhat on the issue of how many Expats are stuck up.

And for all of you that think Kunming is such a great place, what is there to do here, really? I am dying to know.

Yes, I can study Chinese at some over priced Chinese language school where they want me to pay 6000 RMB for two weeks of mediocre instruction...lol

The Kendu or Chongdu or whatever the heck you call that place with all the nightclubs/bars is BS too. All of those places want to you to buy between 150-500 RMB worth of beer or you have to leave...What a joke. What happened to the days of paying a small cover charge and buying a beer and hanging out in a bar/club??? What happened to those days or is that just a policy in China?

Since most of you guys at Salvador's and on this website are so "cool," let me know what you do here in Kunming to have fun.

Here is another thing I don't like about Kunming: Chinese people can't drive. These people here drive like maniacs.

Related forum threads

Login to post