GoKunming Forums

YunDa doesn't give me my money back!

enjoythesilence (11 posts) • 0

Hi guys!I have some problem and I have to come back to my country so I ask if they can give me back the tuition fee for the next semester that I paid in advance due to obtain one year visa. They said that they only can give me 50% of the amount, around 2800Y, but I think is not correct, they can take the subscription fee and the insurance money but at least they can give me all the money. Any of you with the same problem?Do you know if is possible to obtain the total amount?
They also suggest me to find someone that want to study at Yunda for the next semester so he/she can give me the money and for Yunda is ok. Do u think that is it normal?
Thanks in advance!

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

Sucks for you but it doesn't seem totally unreasonable. I am not sure legally you have much of a case either, not that 2800 would be worth it going in that direction for anyway. If you aren't planning to come back anyway you can always go there and try to annoy them into paying you back but that could end up getting you deported with a 10 year ban from entering China so I don't know,,, Good luck with it.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Yunda has to pay your student visa fee plus admin costs - plus you sucked up a slot that could have gone to another student. Be happy they're gonna refund half. I'm sure there's something in your contract that specifies the returned amount should you decide to withdraw early and the penalties.

Be thankful you're dealing with Yunda - other private foreign language schools probably wouldn't give you a refund.

If you can return and the money isn't an BIG issue - try to negotiate a deferment - you can return to finish off a semester say within one year - they MIGHT go for that.

enjoythesilence (11 posts) • 0

I know that I must be grateful because they accept to give me back half of the money BUT...in the contract that I signed there is nothing that can stop me to give the whole amount. The only thing that they said is 所寄材料及报名费不予退还
so only the registration fee is not refundable (less than 300yuan!) I'll come back tomorrow and ask for the whole amount!

alenumer (3 posts) • 0

good luck for you. If not,I am interested in next semester in Yunda.
my email : panlongqu@gmail.com

surruk51 (8 posts) • 0

If you have trouble, you could I guess talk to

Foreign Office, Education Department of Yunnan Province (Kunming)

Tel: (0871) 5141238
Fax: (0871) 5141355
Zip Code: 650223

They may be able to assist you.

Related forum threads

Login to post