GoKunming Forums

Buying a Treadmill

Smillz (31 posts) • 0

Does anyone know a good place to purchase a used or new treadmill for around 2000 kuai? I am not interested in joining a gym, I just want to buy a treadmill.

slabo (55 posts) • 0

Please don't buy a treadmill if you live Kunming. I cannot imagine a reason for you to do this. Just look outside your window, why would you want to stay indoors?

Smillz (31 posts) • 0

I spend plenty of time outdoors, slabo. However, I don't prefer to run outside because of the horrible traffic, dust, and gawkers. To each their own, right?

ekoorbr (50 posts) • 0

A few shops on West Renmin rd 人民西路 near the city gym 昆明体育馆 sell treadmills, but I doubt you'll find anything for 2000. A decent treadmill will cost closer to 5500, a piece of crap maybe 3000.

bobice (2 posts) • 0

not true. i bought a good one at metro and it was the least expensive. i forget the price. that was several months ago. i paid around 3000. it's very good. the brand is brother. you might even try taobao.

hedgepig (273 posts) • 0

"Running has a lot of advantages. First of all, you don't need anybody else to do it, and no need for special equipment. You don't have to go to any special place to do it. As long as you have running shoes and a good road, you can run to your heart's content." - Haruki Murakami

ilikemountains (10 posts) • 0

"...So for two days I led him on long runs past the summit of Raise the Flag Mountain, into the rugged hills of the high countryside, where the peasants stopped to stare as we charged past. We went twelve miles a day; I made sure the pace was fast.

"It worked--two days of that and he slept perfectly. But now his nose ran like a faucet and his throat burned; he hacked up coal dust into my sink. My sinuses flared up and I was sick, too. My father suggested that we skip the running." - Peter Hessler

Related forum threads

Login to post