GoKunming Forums

Pool/Snooker Halls in Kunming

nebulous (4 posts) • 0

I was wondering if anybody knew of any good places to play pool and snooker in Kunming. I'm looking for more of a billiards hall, not something like Speakeasy or a fancy hotel. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'd be interested in finding people to play with as well. Thanks!

lummerlaoshi (130 posts) • 0

Hey Nebulous,

I know of a few pool halls, mostly in Kundu. The one that we often go to is at 100 Xinwen Lu, just across from the Soho bar on the 4th floor. You need to take the elevator (the entrance has 3 yellow 9 balls) to the entrance. 28 rmb/hour or 50rmb for 3 hours.

There's also a pool hall more to the back of Kundu near the Guang Dong restaurant (walk into the roundabout just right of the Soho bar following the left fork past the bars and just past the hotpot restaurant on the right). You'll need to take the elevator to the 3rd or 4th floor.

Cupid Club also has pool tables on their second floor (not sure about the charge) which look quite nice if you don't mind the music from below.

There's also a pool hall just above wallmart near xiao xi men (again, elevator to the 4th floor). The entrance is to the right of the walmart and kfc entrances.

There's also a place near the confucian temple on ren min zhong lu, 2nd floor, I believe just past zheng yi lu on the left side if you're walking toward beijing lu, but I know it more by sight then the exact directions.

The best tables we saw are at the place we go to (100 xinwen lu) and at cupid club.

Give me a ring if you want to play a game before the end of February.

Steve 13619668305

shuren (7 posts) • 0

Hey Donny,

There is a nice pool hall at the corner of jiang bing xi lu and ren min zhong lu. Jiang bing xi lu is the small road on the west side of pan long jiang.

I went there yesterday with my friend Jason Terry and had a real blast.

yoknapatawpha (6 posts) • 0

Dong Jia Wan.
Just off second ring road, exactly between Dong Feng and Tuo Dong Roads; turn east onto the road.

Really nice, quiet, snooker hall; three snooker tables and one eight-ball table.

I try to play weekly, but don't and I am not really good. I'll be playing this Wednesday or Thursday, with another guy that normally beats me.

cRayWisecRayWise (5 posts) • 0

Any Pool Halls in Kunming?

I see in 2010 there was talk of Pool Halls... are they still there... any updates? Something near BeiChen and Beijing Rd possibly?

Ray

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

There are many pool halls around bar areas. They're USUALLY upstairs somewhere.

The Park Bar & Grill in the middle of Green Lake definitely also has a single pool table (wish they had a foosball table, too hint hint hint), but perhaps a little out of area for you - but really really really nice, quiet place to congregate - especially the outdoor patio.

And...the Turtle has pool competition nites on Thursday nites..(see the calendar).

Related forum threads

Login to post