GoKunming Forums

Books

reevesy (3 posts) • 0

Does anyone know of any stores that sell English books?
I know that there is Mandarin books but i find their books (even the secondhand ones) overpriced and the staff always seem disinterested and rude.
Let me know if you have any other ideas!!!

maldinib2 (1 post) • 0

Hey,u can go to the foreign languages' bookstore on Dongfeng square,dongfeng road,u can find all kinds of books in diverse languages.

Ahmet (98 posts) • 0

Ditto to reevesy on the experience at Mandarin. Rude, unhelpful staff and a meager, overpriced selection.

elizajelizaj (4 posts) • 0

Chapter One, a bar on Wenlin Jie, has a collection of used English-language books. Most of the good stuff is only available for loaning, but you can also trade in (2 of yours for 1 of theirs) on the first floor.

Also, there is a used bookstore in 春园小区 (Chun1 yuan2 xiao3 qu4) a large housing community popular with foreigners, near the No. 6 bus station. It is primarily used, English-language books. Although they are small -- they only have about 10 shelves of novels and non-fiction -- they have some interesting books (I saw a newish Mirukami novel). They also have lots of magazines and even some kids books. I think they're primarily set up as a loaning library, but you can buy them too.

Related forum threads

Login to post