GoKunming Forums

vietnam visa

jessop (1 post) • 0

hey there,

i'm trying to find solid info on getting a vietnam visa in china and am having no luck, so am hoping some gokunmingers could help me out.

specifically, do i need to get a visa at the consulate in kunming or can i just pick one up at the border?

thanks in advance!

jessie

onlyone (156 posts) • 0

Hello

No you canot pick it up on the border .You have to go to the embassy here .It cost 350 Y for one month one entry .

Onobaron (11 posts) • 0

hey jessop,

I've purchased a few Vietnam visas, and I'll try to recall what I can. You can purchase them in the border town of He kou, but they will be 450-500 rmb (depending on how much the agent in He kou charges you). You will also have to wait the same three days to recieve the visa whether it's in Kunming or He kou.

The Vietnam consulate is located on the fifth floor of what I remember as Hong ta da xia. It's north and east of Jin jiang da jiu dian (the building with the Thai Air branch office). So, east side of Beijing lu, before the train station and Nan yao qi che zhan.

Be sure to have with you a passport size photo for the application. All tourist visas are 30 days, and I believe multiple entry are 100 or 150 rmb more.

Good luck!

Related forum threads

Login to post