GoKunming Forums

Hey Morons!

JJ and Janice (324 posts) • 0

Howdy Rolls - - it's really San Quentin (oh well) - - and very, very difficult to get out. One way out is that it is the only prison in California with a Death Row for men!

Cheers - - JJ

maudiodj (6 posts) • 0

As a semi retired moron myself I'd like chip in with my few cents. Whilst there's no denying that this kind of behaviour is reckless at

best I think singling someone out for what may or may not be an isolated incident on a public forum is harsh. First off - who amongst us hasn't been wasted and done something stupid? A lot of people sitting on high horses but i doubt its many.
The fact that these two know each other and weren't randomly

assaulting strangers (something that would be worth its own forum) begs the question... why's this your business? Yes its irresponsible but if thats how these people want to behave with their own friends thats up to them. Witnessing events such as these understandably makes people uncomfortable or angry which i believe was the

initial reason this post came into existence but it needs to be put in context. This isn't high tea at Moonlight corner. At this kind of event there are obviously going to be a lot of wasted people, not least of all the band;) so if wasted people make you angry go somewhere else safe in the knowledge that their behaviour has no real impact on your life.

peace

If they're "wasted"- - they're Morons!! "Nuff Said.

You want empathy?? Go visit a few foreign jails and give empathy to those incarcerated for drug-related offenses.
Sometimes "reality" has to enter the picture.

Cheers - - JJ

Bruce (9 posts) • 0

OK, this is overdone, stale and getting far too "do as I say, not as I do" - the guy made a mistake, something I'm sure he regrets. I'm sure the girl has forgiven him so why can't we? We have all been in his shoes at one or more times in our lives, I'm not talking about getting drunk and injuring someone but doing something with consequences we regret - even Prince JJ.

Moronic - Ramble on about how I am better than all of you, I would never get drunk in public
Smart - learn quietly from his mistakes (and our own)

Bruce - - I'm speaking from experience. I've been in some of those jails - - and my oldest son killed himself on drugs - - so if I can get a msg across to anyone - - I'm for it. And if you think that makes me a "Prince" - - so be it.
Added note: I am 72 years old - - and "been there - done that - bought the t-shirt." PS - the jail in Olongapo, PI back then was a place you did not want to be.

Cheers - - JJ

Bruce (9 posts) • 0

Thanks JJ - I now understand the importance of this subject to you but complaining and passing judgement from behind your router will surely not fix the problem. Kunming expat community is small and you or someone you know, knows the person in question. Have a sit down. A lot of inferences and assumptions have been made on peoples opinions rather than fact. I don't know the facts, but I do know this person has friends and I would hope that if they felt there was a problem to deal with they are on a personal level - face to face.

If someone in our community has a problem then it is up to us as a community to help that person - stoning them in public will not fix anything.

maudiodj (6 posts) • 0

I too now understand the importance of this to you jj but thoroughly agree with bruce that help rather than humiliation is the answer:)

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.