GoKunming Forums

Yunnan University Contact

tunehog (4 posts) • 0

I'm a language student in Shenzhen right now (with a student visa). I'd like to move to Kunming next semester, but so far I haven't found a language school / university where I can enroll.

The Normal University has suspended its course for foreigners. I tried to contact Yunnan University, but received no reply to calls or email. Does anyone have a Wechat contact of their international students office? Or any suggestions for private schools? Thank you so much

Wookster (18 posts) • 0

As far as I'm aware, the universities will only accept degree level students onto courses, and will only issue/extend visas for those students. I think these new visa rules mean the private schools don't really exist anymore. That certainly seems to be the case in Dali where I am anyway, whether this is a permanent thing or not, or the same in Kunming, nobody seems to know. Finding definitive information is proving difficult.

tunehog (4 posts) • 0

Thank you for your reply. Since I wrote

this post, I got a reply from a private school, which confirms what you are saying. They are waiting for news from the government, so far they can't accept new students.

I think I'll suck it up and stay in Shenzhen for now.

Related forum threads

Login to post