GoKunming Forums

Youtube gone, now facebook?

kathryn (27 posts) • 0

vtunnel works...but you can't comment - you can only view people's photos/pages and recieve comments. its restricted, and annoying.

Necronomicon (15 posts) • 0

I'm sure they'll be back. . . some day. I like using Baidu.com video search more anyways. Other sites like Tudou.com as well. You can watch full television series like the tonight show, daily show, real time with bill maher, as well as watch full movies which is a lot better than Youtube. But to be fair, no one really complains about how some hosts in America will only allow access from North America. In the meantime you can do something a little more meaningful with your life instead of wasting time on Facebook or whatever. I knew some people who were addicted to computers or websites that they couldn't go a single day without it. Sad.

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

that hotspot shield fxxxxx up my computer and when I finally got it to "work" I get denied the connection to the site I'm supposedly should go through. It also wants to install drivers not recognized by the computer or the site you download from. I denied it at first but had to accept just to get the install to continue,, still not working though. Now after 2 hours of going back and forth with this programme I am starting to think it would be easier to pursuade the CCP not to be so damn paranoid.

misseward (35 posts) • 0

It seems that even Hotspot Shield won't work now. Does anyone have any other suggestions or ways around this insanity? What about proxies that you have to pay for? (internet addict here).

birdabroad (40 posts) • 0

www.witopia.net/index.php/products/

US$60 per year, *very* helpful and responsive support staff (I had some connection issues initially which they helped me sort out right away). One month free trial period.

I use this VPN and it works great for almost everything - except that YouTube videos are extremely slow to load.

rubisco (3 posts) • 0

hi guys ....
Download ultrasurf to browse all banned sites.
go to www.foreignersinchina.org and download ultra surf from there ....
if need more help ...you can ask me
Regards:
ALi

DagInge (15 posts) • 0

Is FB permanently dead? Or will they put it back up when somethings has calmed down?

My favorite computer game is banned here too, a WWII historical simulation strategy game. Werent gonna buy it here, as I have no computer, but would like to read the reviews at the fan site forum. Also blocked. That much for trying to depict chinese politics in the 1930's..

NateKoppel (26 posts) • 0

I ask this from America (Philadelphia is but only in some ways better to be in than Kunming) but a Chinese friend posted on my (Facebook) wall; is FB back up and running in China?

Related forum threads

Login to post