GoKunming Forums

PAINTBALL PLACES IN KUNMING?

criss (1 post) • 0

I wanted to know if there is any paintball shooting in Kunming. I have always been fascinated by the game when i see it on social media but have never tried it :( it would be great if anybody knew if there is any in or around kunming so my friends and i could have some fun this summer.

debaser (647 posts) • +1

there are some places on the outskirts of the city. they advertise themselves as CS. I have no conact details though, sorry.

hehehe (27 posts) • 0

@Criss, we're going to organize a paintball war as soon as Kunming's weather gets better. You're welcome to join us. Let me know via private message if you're interested.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

CS as in, Counter Strike? When did video games become the way of describing real life haha.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

@Haali: I've got nothing against paintball shooting, have been interested in the idea of playing for a long time. However, as to when video games became a way of describing 'real life' (I too am becoming a bit confused about this term, and I don't play video games), I kind of think it's been influencing brains quite a bit for quite awhile - most of it seems to be focused on zap the enemy - yeah, okay, but when that's all that's going on, I think it becomes a bit too easy a a way to conceive of human relations.
On the other hand, how is it different from the cowboys & Indians that were pretty popular with 6-year-olds, at least among Americans, for - what - a century? I'm sure kids do something similar almost everywhere.
No, I'm not sure what this means, but it's worth thinking about, and why it's the case.

trybeinghuman (2 posts) • +1

There is a paintball place at 52 seconds Karting.

They also have 2stroke kart for rent.

I have watched some guys play paintball.

They seem to come almost every night, more on weekends.

Ive seen 100 guys playing before.

They stand around and smoke ciggarettes for while.

Then play a short round and back to standing around and smoking.

If you play these guys with rental gun you are not going to have a good time.

Some pretty cool cars in the parking lot on weekend nights.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

CS was huge in China and long before paintball entered China asorecreation. CS in fact probably inspired any paintball hobbyists here, so in China's case, it's life imitating the computer game.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Scary thought - seems to me life in imitation of the computer game is going on in too many places these days for me to feel comfortable. Think of drone weapons run from laptops.

Blaquesmyth (10 posts) • +3

The groups the play CS(yes they are referring to Counter Strike because it's super popular here) don't use paintballs. They play using BBs & pellets. Paintball & BB guns are ILLEGAL in China. Just letting you know. The people that play don't get bothered, but if the police find you in possession of the guns or if they are in your apartment, you will be in BIG trouble. Play at your own risk. If you are laowai, you will be targeted during a game.

Related forum threads

Login to post