GoKunming Forums

Visa extensions/changes

tim7175 (20 posts) • 0

Hi guys

Things are getting tough these days with L visa. Latest is to get extension for L visa for one month you have to have Bank guarantied letter for 20,000 Yuan. With that letter and application form you apply in visa office Beijing Lu for extension.

Mahala (4 posts) • 0

As an aussie, I only paid 160 rmb. no questions asked. the staff on Beijing Lu were very helpful. It took 7 days to proccess, but no need to show any bank details or even the pink hotel slip. just the name of my hotel was fine. I was given the visa up to the date I requested.

alyssa_爱思 (10 posts) • 0

does anyone know how much an extension is for an american passport holder? everyone keeps telling me its only 160, but then i also heard tell that americans pay over 800yuan! anyone know if this is true, or exactly how much it is for americans? thanks!

MichaelT (7 posts) • 0

Americans pay 940 RMB for a one month extension. I go to pick mine up tomorrow. Will let you know if it is different.

explorerred (26 posts) • 0

My question is this: How close to the day that your original L-visa expires can you apply for an extension? And when does the extended visa take effect? If it takes 7 days to process, does that mean I have to go apply for a 30 day extension 7 days before my current one expires? Thanks.

Laubis (14 posts) • 0

could anyone answer explorred's question above?
I would like to know if I should go sooner or later to the PSB.
Thanks!

Also, less urgently: can you keep the double entry after extending if this is the first entry? I have a Dutch passport.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

You can apply for an extension any time. Technically on the day before, easy in Shanghai but the PSB in KMG are not known for their helpfulness.

Suggest 5 days before, no more. Remember it is not a visa extension but a new visa. It is a 30 day visa from the date of issue, and so if you apply 30 days before you get nothing. If you apply 10 days before you effectively get an extra 20 days in country.

Related forum threads

Login to post