GoKunming Forums

We're going to be ranked and categorized.

vicar (817 posts) • 0

According to the points system a C grader can be as good an asset to China as an A grader as the points can be added up in multiple ways. You can be strong in one category and weak in another and vice versa.

So whats the point?

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

@vicar

As I said, it is another reactionary idiotic approach to fix a problem, that isn't a problem.

The problem of the work market and lack innovation is, and always was, state enforced stupidity in educating people in China.

I have been in consulting positions and what stopped companies to change and get better was always their own stupidity. Then 2 or 3 years later I get calls to help these companies again but there is nothing I can do for them, anymore.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Sb pointed out that "The Chinese report repeatedly mentions the catchphrase "Encourage the High End, Limit the Ordinary, Restrict the Low End" (鼓励高端控制一般限制低端) in reference to the new policy."

I doubt that being labelled as an 'A' will encourage already high achievers. It just sounds like fast tracking the elite. They are here for the top dollars, and the visa thing is probable an annoyance, but not a deal breaker.
I imagine the most favored group will be those who flew the nest in the last 25 years, who still speak fluent Mandarin, and are now well connected in their new home/passport country.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • +1

A lot of people seem to be making a mountain out of a mole hill here.

All it seems to be is A,B or C on a work visa.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • -1

There also the thing that most policy wont last particularly long. Particularly if it aint work smoothly. Its like the tour bus of Kunming, the fancy scan-machines at immigration, or, say, clamp down on prostitution, they are doing well for a maximum of a year or so. So if anyone is concerned being 低端, like Campo should be (just teasing), its better to interpret this "policy" more as a "campaign". Im sure, however, whoever comes up with any weird idea, must feel satisfaction seeing all these laowais starting to hassle around it. Laowais, among who a good deal think that what they see around them would be organized, while there in fact is a huge amount chaos.

And since I mentioned chaos, lets make a sidetopic here too, that this chaos was about to spiral out, but is now partly restrained. However, theres still plenty that goes through the sieve, and also that can fall beside the sieve.

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

@ Peter
Exactly!!!!
Also check the Visa situation, changed 2 years ago. Nothing has changed on the market. Now companies still hire low end to work. Now only the costs for Visa are higher and they unload the pressure and stress on the workforce.

The new visa regs now and the ones of the future is only to make the laowai their b*tches. Employers can have more leverage, "visa cancellations if you don't do what I say".

Our HR dept. says that most laowais now come with cancelled Z-visa because they angered their bosses or managers. Something the HR manager has never seen before 2014, unless the employee was a criminal.

I guess it has to to with this constant craving for power over others. And as Peter said, for the top dogs, a visa is a formality and there won't be anything in the way. Also they have enough cash to start a co-op or invest to get business visa. I guess you will never find a rich and powerful CEO crying at the airport for his visa rejected. Well unless it's a political issue.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • -1

Many of these facts goes without saying, its a no brainer thing. Just common sense thing. If you been around a few years you should know it. Certainly no crystal ball thing, only mentally retarded or low level ignorant must think this stuff is based on a crystal ball.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • +1

@Peter99

Don't hype yourself up.

I didn't really think you had a crystal ball....

.... It's much more likely you're informed by voices in your head.

Related forum threads

Login to post