GoKunming Forums

Police certificate of no criminal records

maeflor (4 posts) • +1

Hi everyone,
I lived in kunming for almost 6 years and I'm back to my country 2 years ago. I am applying to migrate to the US and the US embassy need a police certificate of no criminal records during my stay in China.

The problem is I dont live in kunming anymore, does anyone knows how to get this certificate if you are outside china? Are there are agency who process this without me going there?
Thanks, your help is highly appreciated.
Mae

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

Mae
Your BEST solution is to contact one of the law firms that advertise on here (because they're bilingual...sort of and bad reviews will kill an advertiser here quickly, so the law firms are usually positively reviewed).

NOT that that's a qualification for reliability and fairness, but it's a good start in lieu of no information.

If you need assistance with the law firms, You MAY want to PM @longdragon (assuming he's still in country) as he knows BOTH law firms who've advertised here. He can help refer you fee-based (if it's troublesome) or gratis (if you just need a referral - the threat or knowledge of an in-country buddy can help get things done to your satisfaction).

Don't forget - once you get the police certification - it'll need to be notarized (probably), translated, then notarized again (or translated and notarized), for authenticity.

Good luck getting this done remotely. What a pain.

maeflor (4 posts) • 0

It seems getting this certificate is a real pain.
I will contact these people.
Thanks to you both..

maeflor (4 posts) • 0

@michael2015

Tried to search for this guy here @longdragon seems he's account doesn't exist anymore?

Long-Dragon (390 posts) • 0

This is long-dragon. I PM'ed you. I have worked with several law firms here who could do this for you and know several more. I may be able to help do it. In 9 months since teh last post on this the PSB may have developed additional procedures for those not in Kunming to get the records.

Kittynho (5 posts) • 0

Hi Mae and Michael ,
I have a problem like Mae, I studied in Kunming for 4 years and I' m come back my country 4years ago. Now I'm applying US visa,the US embassy need I provide a no criminal record during my stay in China.
Please tell me how to do this certificate. Thank you so much!

Related forum threads

Login to post