GoKunming Forums

Thicker mattresses

Lisey (14 posts) • 0

Does anyone know

Where I could buy some western style mattresses (the ones provided at the apartment are 2cm thick with just the springs)?

bluegrass14 (126 posts) • 0

If you're going to spend 6000rmb, you could also check out slumbermaax: www.slumbermaax.com
We have several friends that have bought these mattresses and they seem very satisfied with them, and they deliver to your door.

kiara (39 posts) • 0

I have a spare mattress and I am trying to sell it, it's second hand, but it's a spare mattress and we haven't used it much, only a few times when we had guests. It's comfortable! PM for more details!

Lisey (14 posts) • 0

That's great kiara. How big is yours? My bed is a double 1.5 x 2m. How much do you want for it and where do you live? (Only issue is not sure how to transport it)

zhudan (204 posts) • 0

They actually only seem to sell what is called the box dprings in most all of China, the thing your mattress rests on between itself and the bed frame. They label box springs as mattresses here so be careful about what you get over the net. You are dealing with idea that a half inch thick piece of cloth thrown on a Wooden plank is not only good for your health but it what Chinese people should do. A firm matress is one thing, but bed springs and boards are another. I would not be too picky and choosy. If someone can help you go for it.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

@TigerTiger

How can No 11 Furniture store be a 'fake' Ikea if it's not naming itself Ikea?

Or is it that any one who sells prepacked furniture is now a fake Ikea?

Ikea didn't invent DIY furniture, so equally by this reckoning isn't Ikea just a 'fake' MFI or a 'fake' Habitat?

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

What is the Chinese name for Ikea? Yi Jia Jia Ju
What is the Chinese name for No 11 furniture store. Shi Yi Jia Ju. Coincidence? Nah!

Design and style of furniture? The same.
Corporate identity (store layout and store decor, Website layout and design, use of fonts in advertising and labelling, Advertising hoardings)? The same.

Compare www.ikea.com/cn/zh/ and www.11jiaju.com/

Now send me your photo, I will cut my hair like you, and dye it the same color, have some cosmetic surgery done so that I look more like you. I will then wear your clothes, do the same business as you, and change my name to 那坡乐恩 or something that sounds similar. I will post on Gokunming and then go to everybar in town telling people I am NaPoLeEn.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

Understand what you're saying.

I can't see any similarity in the websites if I'm honest. I've never visited either shop nor bought anything online or otherwise from either company, so I don't have favouritism to one or tuther.

What you may consider is their similarity in items is most likely down to general fashions. If you were to walk into a McDonalds chances are it's layout, design, colours etc are very similar to burger king. First time I went to BHS l thought I was in M&S.

To describe one as fake is a bit out of sorts as they're in the same market and in today's age this means the same mundane designs and colours that people who enjoy that kind of furniture would want.

If you are willing to make those sacrifices to look like a body double I think we could have a prosperous life of crime ahead of us, the possibilities are endless.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.