GoKunming Forums

DRIVING KUNMING TO BANGKOK

jane323 (3 posts) • 0

dogs and cats are allowed to travel internationally from China to foreign countries and vice versa. I have experience in pet traveling, if you need mu help you can contact me at jane323@aliyun.com

Tom69 (151 posts) • 0

Another issue although I think you have given up on the driving to Thailand in one car part is that very soon, Thailand will tighten up the entry of foreign registered vehicles.

Chinese vehicles flooded into Thailand during the recent CNY and they caused lots of accidents, near accidents and plenty of congestion, meanwhile the paranoid and xenophobic Chinese government doesn't allow Thai vehicles to enter except on an expensive tour with guide, deposit of 50,000 Yuan etc.

The Thai government is rightfully putting a stop to freeloading Chinese tourists driving cars without paying anything, while their Thai counterparts, get faced with a host of barriers to drive up to China.

So, given the lack of an agreement between the two countries, the Thai Land Transport Department and related authorities will soon require all foreign vehicles (except from countries with which Thailand shares an existing agreement) to provide advance notice 10 business days before arrival, through a Thai travel agency to seek permission for the car to enter the country. An entry fee of 500 Baht, plus another 500 Baht for a special plate that needs to be visible in the car, itineraries and driver's licences need to be submitted. A one hour orientation on traffic rules will be required, and travel outside the border province will not be permitted unless accompanied by a Thai tour guide. Motorhomes and motorcycles will be banned altogether.

So it's going to be the end of the road for easy entry of Chinese vehicles into Thailand; not much different to Chinese regulations on the entry of foreign vehicles to China and I think the regulations couldn't come soon enough.

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

There are companies that will do the pet travel thing for you since it can be a real hassle. I mean a company that will get the necessary paperwork for you and get your pet from one destination to another. Unfortunately I don't have a name or number but they do exist.

Thank you for taking your pet with you, they are part of the family and I hate it when people think it is ok to just abandon them.

Related forum threads

Login to post