GoKunming Forums

Shools getting shut down??

coconutmilk (9 posts) • 0

I heard that 40 odd English schools got shut down in Kunming a week or so ago. But anyone i have asked knows nothing of this. Anyone else know anything?

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Also happening in Chongqing in addition to cancelling English tests at school. Apparently those will be replaced with classes teaching manners to students (which would most likely be useless since the parents will make them unlearn those).

They might have finally realised that most of those drunk foreign English teachers are inappropriately qualified and are unable to properly educate.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

Disney in Hangzhou got cleared out cos they didn't have correct visas for their teachers. Beware the mouse.

coconutmilk (9 posts) • 0

But who are those teachers? Something like 48 schools apparently got closed. Nobody i have spoken to is or knows any of these teachers. Strange.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Since there are more than 40 schools how about providing a few examples so this thread becomes more factual rather than just gossip. My wife found nothing in Baidu about this so I declare Ba Gua until some facts are provided.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Name names sucker! Name Names! Which schools ? Web International? Summit? Henderson? U-Believe? New Oriental? We want names not gossip.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Liu? Are you serious with these examples? I had my wife check but she found nothing. Thanks for the examples.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@HFCAMPO
I was asking which school? I don't think it's any of these schools because they have enough guanxi to pay the officials. I too am curious to know which schools the OP is talking about.

Related forum threads

Login to post