GoKunming Forums

Gang fight at the small community park

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Huh? I was just asking if you got confused for a minute, geez.

I don't understand what you are saying now, that crime rates in two completely different countries has something to do with the demographic differences of those countries? I don't think you know what point you are even trying to make anymore and have shifted the goal posts a bit more to make yourself sound less wrong.

You could just say "whoops, I messed up" but TBH it sounds like your ego would never allow such a thing.

Eat some humble pie dude, its fine to be wrong, its even more fine to admit when you are. You have changed my views a few times through presenting solid arguments, but it sounds like you are becoming more rambling and less coherent. Maybe getting a bit old? Also fine.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@blobbles
I'm not getting a bit old - I AM old and getting more senile, with each day. As for touchy - adjectives such as "stupid" and "brain fart" don't inspire humble pie, but do inspire rambling, incoherent posts.

Yes - brevity may have lead to confusion or error. I THOUGHT I merely noted the demographics and the crime rates of the USA versus China and indirectly agreed with @alien, that I don't see significant crime in China, with a 3% incarceration statistic, but I definitely see and have been victimized frequently in the USA, with it's 2% incarceration stat.

As you noted, implying crime rates influence the diverse demographics of both countries and by association, the birth rates and populations, is a ludicrously stupid statement - that definitely wasn't my intent and it never crossed my mind that it could be interpreted in that manner.

I apologize for the confusion.

As for boring posts - please feel free to ignore anything posted by laotou.

That said - it would be great if gokm eventually implemented registered or authenticated user comment ratings/flags, so the user community can vote up or down on individual comments - so offensive or epically boring posts such as mine are auto-hidden - rendering unpopular posts automatically hidden, to the greater community, as a public service.

Related forum threads

Login to post