GoKunming Forums

Brazilian/Latin/Salsa Dancing places?

AlexD (11 posts) • 0

Hello everyone,

Is there any parties/places to dance Salsa, Brazilian or Latin music between June 25th to the 27th?

I will be there with some friends for a conference and I would love to hang out with the local crowd interested in Latin music.

I was born in Brazil, but I have been living in the United States for the last 15 years.

Also, any place to find good caipirinhas? :)

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

There are lots of informal dance groups that meet up in public place (on the street, in the park). Some of these, but not many, dance to Latino music.
Perhaps some members have them in their neighborhood.

There may also be formal classes, but these will be on the Chinese net. As such I can't search for them on the web. Perhaps someone else will be kind enough to do that for you.

I am sure that you would receive a very warm welcome.

AlexD (11 posts) • 0

Thanks tigertiger! I appreciate the response.

Any place that you can recommend for live music (perhaps a bar/pub with live music)?

chirean67 (6 posts) • 0

I'm looking for the same thing. My fiancé is from Brazil and I'm from the US. It's hard to find the vibe you're looking for but I'm searching. Let me know if you find anything. I'll do the same.

AlexD (11 posts) • 0

@chirean67

Just saw your other post. I also live in California (Berkeley). I don't think I could live anywhere that didn't have a place to dance salsa or some form of latin dance.

Maybe we can throw a party next weekend? If you find a venue I will finance the party. I have never been in China but are you down to make this happen?

We can do an early lesson and then just play from Salsa, Bachata, merengue, Forro, etc...

I wouldn't be able to help promoting it (maybe the venue can help), but I can bring some of the people that will be with me at the conference. Mostly are guys, which is obviously an issue :)

Hit me up on my email at alexdantas03@gmail.com, and we can try making this happen. I am always down for a good party.

zingu (18 posts) • 0

I know the owner of a cool restaurant it's in fortune plaza (north of the City)...
I could cook the Latin food... I'm always in for a party!!! Let me ask... how many people and at what time?

Long-Dragon (390 posts) • 0

My friend Lily, an experienced Latin dancer, is looking for places to dance. We called Dangsters but no Latin dance. There is a dance studio by the Kunming Theater that has Latin dance. We check it out tonight. There is a group of Brazilians in Kunming too who might be interested.

AlexD (11 posts) • 0

Let's make our own party then ;) I am in transit right now and will be arriving in Kunming tonight. my cell is +1 415 786 6640. SMS seems to be working better than internet

@Zingu Let's do it on Saturday then. I don't how many people yet, I can bring some from the conference. I am down to check out the restaurant either way.

@Long-Dragon Thank you for the info. let's get together on Saturday. How do I get in touch with the Brazilian group your referred to?

Let's do this! :)

AlexD (11 posts) • 0

Hey guys, with help from David we are actually going to make this happen tonight at 7pm!!!

Come and let's have good branding and drinking time :)

I am having an issue downloading my music from Google Drive, so if anyone have salsa, forro, bacana, merengue, etc.. please contact me or just bring with you

we are attempting to be there at 7pm and beyond.

The restaurant name is SALA's Restaurant

昆明市北辰财富中心D2-B102 Tel: 68573116
D2-B102, Fortune Center Beichen, Beijing Road, Kunming.

I will teach a basic salsa lesson for those interested. :)

it will be fun time!!!

add me on wechat 1415 786 6640

Alex

Related forum threads

Login to post