GoKunming Forums

Satelite TV options in Kunming

nonthaburial (14 posts) • 0

Can anyone tell me what options are available and what annual prices to be expected.

Being a Brit i would like to get all the european sport, such as EPL, rugby as well as news and movie channels.

Any web links would also be appreciated

many thanks

piers (144 posts) • 0

The standard Sat package comes with 30+ channels inc. ESPN, Star Sports, BBC, CNN, HBO. The feed is from the Philippines. www.dreamsat.tv

The cost to set up is around 2000 kuai. A decoder card costs 300 kuai (tho I have heard of cheaper) and lasts for an indefinite length of time. My Sat guy will replace a card for free if it works for less than a month. Sometimes cards last for a year or longer - it's pot luck.

Star sports and ESPN show most EPL games and broadcast 6 Nations as well. Champions League matches are also shown. Check times on www.espnstar.com

bucko (695 posts) • 0

FYI piers, you should exercise extreme caution promoting illegal activities in China.

nonthaburial (14 posts) • 0

Thanks piers. greeat information. I worked in Manila before working in thailand and then Dream was just starting. They have obviously improved a lot. Following on bucko's comments, are the installers hard to find or openly selling ?

piers (144 posts) • 0

Cheers Bucko tho I think it's a fairly open secret rather than a highly illicit underground market.

Having said that I'm not sure it's a good idea to post contact details on the site nonthaburial. Find some one in KM who has Sat and ask them for the number.

JJ and Janice (324 posts) • 0

One can get legal Dream TV very easily.

Call Shanghai Number 21-2730-9851
or

dream@dreamsatellite.com

There are usually specials - - and you don't have to worry about getting cut off in the middle of something.

PLUS - - why promote anything illegal!

Cheers - - JJ

Related forum threads

Login to post