GoKunming Forums

Android 5.0 Don't Do It

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

For the few of you that will actually see this upgrade pushed to your device, DONT INSTALL. It's a POS upgrade. Lot of your apps will stop working and your device will run slower than before (unless Nexus 5 with fresh install).

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

I installed it on a nexus 10 without any problems. Beyond the new icons being a tad confusing, and notifications being a pain on large tablets.

What device are you running? Any apps or updates installed outside of the google play store before the update to lollypop?

Gompo (152 posts) • 0

i dont understand why people r fascinated with their phones and such

i may agree it is a beginning technology but its goals seem twisted with money, no respect for privacy -how many times apps were installed for no clear reason, the cookies that follow ur tastes to make you buy, ur location not protected- consumption of resources -always need install new updates, need more chip, dont seem care about ecology

the list is long.

though there r useful aspects, it fasts gives me headhache. i guees most phones and programs r designed in airconditionned office, poor engineers feel too hot summer, too cold winter

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

one positive thing i see is technology stimulates the creative imaginations of folks to come up with new tools and apps.

cookies can follow you all they want. no one can force you to buy anything.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

@Ouyang
Nexus7 astrill and ctrip apps no longer work. Chrome is much slower than before. I've been looking for an excuse to cyanogenmod, and now I have it.

bluppfisk (398 posts) • 0

works fine on my phones. If apps stop working, consider a cache wipe, or a data/cache wipe on a per-app basis.

If that fails, do a full data wipe from recovery.

I'm back to Cyanogenmod though and waiting for their Lollipop release.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I wonder if Chrome is affected in China, because it is Google.
But I have also been having problems with Firefox and Explorer recently, on my laptop.

Related forum threads

Login to post