GoKunming Forums

Kunming FRAUD

deceived (26 posts) • 0

Bad or good people, it doesn't depend on nationality, foreigners or tourists are being treated differently in every country. We actually had lovely time in China, well except that fraud..

Anyway, i'd appreciate when you leave this post strictly for commenting subject as i've been contacted by second person who was scammed by the same group, so maybe there are others and together we might get somewhere.

Long-Dragon (390 posts) • 0

I too have been PM'd by another party who may be being scammed. I have provided them with advice on how to proceed with checking the company and what to do. They need to do most of it in Chinese. I told them, do not give them any money for anything yet. Do not be in a hurry to leave.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

@lady25 "China is the country of thieves par excellence."

The British Museum protests that statement.

deceived (26 posts) • 0

Long-Dragon, can you give them my contact as well, then we can find out if they were scammed by the same people.

Long-Dragon (390 posts) • 0

Decieved, they are in another industry but they were very careful as they had several things that warned them to be careful. So far it has cost them their trip to Kunming and related expenses. Your post here did help as they contacted us for further advice. The Chinese "company" asked them for 2500rmb to pay notary costs. Our advice, do not pay. A small amount maybe or a lead in to the next funding request. and the next? I do not know how this one will end up but so far it smells bad.

deceived (26 posts) • 0

@Alien: 3500eur + transport, accommodation costs to/in Kunming.

@Long Dragon: yes, it's seems like a scam to me . Asking to pay notary fees might lead to next request, like it was in my case (remittance fees)
Do you know name of that Kunming's company?

deceived (26 posts) • +2

Dear All,

so here's information about that Kunming's 'company' who scammed me:

Yunnan Dongyuan Construction & Engineering Limited

Address(head quarter) : Middle East of Ruihe Road, Qujing City,
Yunnan Province. CHINA.

Address of Kunming office: 26 middle Renmin Road, Kunming city. CHINA.

Tel: +86-871-68211345
Fax: +86-871-65313735
Mailbox: yunnanyndyjz@vip.163.com

Name: Mr.Chen CEO

Scammers original letter:

Hello!
I search your company on the internet and we are seeking for European interior designer.
We are an enterprise whose construction quality is two level. Nowadays, our company contracts a luxury villas project in Kunming, Yunnan Province, China.

And we'd like to invite designers who have ability to do interior decoration drawings for us.
Project location: 168 Fengyuan Road, Kunming, Yunnan Province, China.
Project name: Fengyuan Villa

Villa quantity: 56
Villa types: 6
Type A: 410 m2
Type B: 430 m2
Type C: 405 m2
Type D:418 m2
Type E: 430 m2
Type F: 352 m2

We require 2 sets of decoration drawings for each type and totally 12 sets of drawings.
Design style: modern and classical style (mainly European styles, like Italian, Germany, France, England, etc.)

IF ANYBODY RECEIVES SIMILAR MAIL LIKE I DID, BE AWARE, IT MIGHT BE A SCAM!!

Scammers are well informed about architecture, construction and large scale projects, might be or have been active in construction field.
They have sent me (and also to Chinese embassy!) many original looking documents, so they are quite clever and fearless.

I hope that my posting will help to prevent other design/architecture companies to fall for the same fraud.

If you have any additional information or need it from me (we have photos of those scammers!), please feel free to contact me!

Still, wishing HappyHolidays,

Ivika.

Related forum threads

Login to post