SDG12 Responsible Consumption & Production for Agriculture
May 27, 2020 08:00 PM in Beijing, Shanghai
An estimated 1/3 of all food produced (1.3 billion tons worth around $1 trillion) ends up rotting in the bins of consumers and retailers or spoiling due to poor transportation and harvesting practices. According to the United Nations, substantial environmental impacts from food occur in the production phase (agriculture, food processing), and households influence these impacts through their dietary choices and habits.
In this SDG event, we invite agriculture experts to hear about experiences and learn how we consumer can take action to help!
Join this session to learn:
- The latest strategies and actions from FAO on sustainable food production, responsible consumption, and inclusive food system under the context of Covid-19.
- How consumer behaviors, routines, and habits influence food carbon footprint.
- What small action can we take as a consumer?
- Xiaojie Sun, Policy Analyst for Sustainable Rural Development at The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Susana López Rodríguez, PhD Candidate in Environmental Systems Analysis at Wageningen University & Research
Who we are?
SDGs Shanghai (SDGsSH) is a volunteer-based community founded in May 2019. Our vision is to raise awareness of United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and take further steps to encourage individuals to take small actions in daily life to contribute to the UN SDG’s and create a better world.
We hold online & offline seminars that focus on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals. We raise awareness through social media collecting small actions from active community members who wish to share their simple actions for a better tomorrow. We promote small individual actions that we could take in our daily lives.
Join us, be a dreamer with small actions!
SDGsSH volunteer team
Contact us: [email protected]
Follow us on
Linkedin: SDGs Shanghai
Facebook: SDGs SH