I want to visit -all- the temples in Kunming. I will shortly list the ones I know of and/or have already visited, but google maps hints there might be several more temples hidden away, at least in the mountains, though some things that really sound like temples, like 地台寺 and 菩萨店 are just, it would seem, neighborhoods named after temples that once where there.
The temples I have visited (except for the Golden temple) are:
- All the ones in the Western hill complex
- The Golden Temple
- The Bamboo Temple
- Haiyuan Temple (along the mountainside in the western suburbs)
- Yuantong Temple and the tibetan buddhist one in an alley close by
- A Daoist temple on Tuodong road close to the East bus station
- The temple on the slopes of Mt Changchong
- The Confucian temple on Renmin lu
- The four temples in Guandu Old Town
- The temples in Black Dragon Pool park
Does somebody know of any more temples in Kunming? As I said, there are several on google maps up in the hills in the north and east, but I don't know enough chinese to check on google whether they actually exist or not.
Wikitravel mentions one that I have yet to visit, has anyone maybe been there?: Tanhua Temple (昙华寺; Tánhuàsì; also known as Taohu Nunnery), Guangming Road, Panlong District (盘龙区光明路; Pánlóngqū Guāngmínglù) (At the foot of Tuiying Mountain in the eastern outskirts of Kunming City, about 4km from the city centre)