GoKunming Forums

Temples in Kunming

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

www.baidu.com maps have a function that shows you how to get from one place to another on the public buses, its easy to use,, but only in the Chinese language.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

When I first arrived in Kunming 8 years ago I went on daily adventures by hopping on any bus and going to its final destination. I purposely got lost and then had to figure out how to get back home. After doing this for a few times I found it easy to get around. Now I know which buses go to most places in Kunming.

You can also purchase a map of Kunming and the map will indicate all the bus stops. I can not read Chinese and I speak very little because my wife does all the talking for me but with the map I can easily find any bus stop.

For anyone who has been to Chengdu, they have great bus maps at each bus stop. I wish Kunming would do the same and make life easy for everyone.

My wife uses this website and she just types in the point of origin and the destination and it will give you the bus # you need to take as well as the transfer points.

map.baidu.com/[...]

Natsymir (101 posts) • 0

Google maps usually have rather accurate bus routes, actually.

HFCAMPO: I'm so on for temple hunting. Bus is what I prefer too, as I have no bike and can't (won't) afford cabs. And I'm a student so I have tons of spare time. Wanna schedule something?

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Natsymir - Geezer has also contacted me about Temple hunting. Please send us both a PM and we can schedule something after next week when everyone has returned to work and school.

Gompo (152 posts) • 0

ok am in, though next week i might go in sz see dear students and maybe grave of st francois xavier from society of jesus

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Natsymir - Geezer - Gompo - I sent you all a PM so lets find a way to contact each other so we can make this happen. Geezer you have first choice for the temple this week.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Bus 147 - From Golden Temple to Shuang Long Xiang.

Wo Long Si - 卧龙寺 - Reclining Dragon Temple - is located in Mai Chong Village (4th Stop) on bus 147. The temple was built during the Qing Dynasty and is only opened on weekends.

Wugu Miao - 五谷庙 - 5 Grain Temple - According to the locals the temple was destroyed during the Cultural Revolution. The ruins of Wu Gu Temple are located in Ha Ma Zhe Yi Village (7th stop) on bus 147. Walk down to the bottom of the hill to find the village and ask the locals where the ruins of the temple are located.

Wild Duck Park - Stay on bus 147 until it reaches the last stop at Shuang Long Xiang (Double Dragon Township). Walk 1 km until you reach the main gate of the Wild Duck Park. There is a beautiful clear lake with paddle boats as well as a training (Obstacle) course where companies come to do training. Tickets are 20 Yuan.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Great info HFCAMPO, thank you - that's an outing I definitely plan to make some day soon. Sounds like a good day out.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Jin Ding Si - 金鼎寺 - is located at #11 Jin Ding North Road. There are 3 major bus stops that stop within 20 meters of this small road. (1) Jin Ding Yuan Bus stop (1, 29, 70, 83, 146, 168) on Xue Fu Road, (2) Huang Tu Po Hou Jie Bus stop (8, C3, C68, C69, 153, 168) on Puji Road, and (3) Pu Ji Lu Kou Bus stop (1, 8, 151, 153, 189, C1, C3, C16, C68, C69) on Puji Road.

There is a very big triangular intersection here. Do NOT ask for the temple because no one seems to know where it is but rather LOOK or ASK for the Kunming Oxygen Company - Kun Ming Yang Qi Gong Si (昆明氧气公司 - # 730 Xue Fu Road) which is located at the corner of Xue Fu Road + Jin Ding North Road. Walk uphill on Jin Ding North Road for 100 meters and you will pass many restaurants and some grafitti art as well as a dinosaur sculpture. You can't miss the temple of your right.

Related forum threads

Login to post