Wow, what the heck is going on with this cafe??
Where has the management and quality of this once fantastic place in Beichen disappeared to??
Like seriously, I know that the owners said they were going away for a few weeks - it's now been three months - but this place has really gone downhill and that's REALLY sad!
Here's been my experience recently:
1) mixed up orders and given the wrong meals.
2) ordering a simple milkshake and being told I can't get one because they don't have the ingredients and don't know when they'll replenish.......tried to order something else, same answer!
3) when I did get what I ordered.....it's been nothing like what I've come to expect from the Silver Spoon.
Very poor quality!
4) it takes FOREVER for something to be prepared, whether it's a coffee or meal!
5) for a place that was once packed at lunch and dinnertime.....I no longer desire to go in and it seems neither does anyone else!
The energetic, fun and welcoming atmosphere has also disappeared.
6) I tried to go to the Vintage Cafe as a result of my poor experiences at SS only to find that it too has been closed frequently with no apparent reason.
7) When asking staff when the owners will be returning, the ongoing "oh, maybe next week" answer is no longer believeable......makes me wonder if the owners just up and abandoned the whole establishment because clearly no one has heard from them!
It makes me sad to hear others talk about the poor state of this once lovely cafe because I used to love this place!
Delicious is not how I would describe The Silver Spoon right now......hopefully that changes.............soon!
'Til then I'll pass.