GoKunming Forums

bao zai fan

Hcamez (39 posts) • 0

Hi,

Does anyone know where to find baozaifan in kunming? Sorry I don't know the characters. Clay pot rice. Some people call it shagoufan.

I have seen it and enjoyed it an small towns around Yunnan and in Guiyang, but yet to see it here in Kunming.

Here is a description:

"Bao Zai Fan is rice that is cooked in a Sha Guo (Clay Pot). It is one of the lunches I used to have when I went to high school and college in China. Sometimes people might even add peanuts, or taro cubes to the rice to add a different flavor to it. Some people love rice in a clay pot, because they love the crispy part at the bottom of the pot."

Kind of like Chinese bibimbap.

I know many people "know" where to get it in Kunming. Could anyone actually tell me where? I quite like this dish.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Sha Guo Fan - 砂锅饭 - I had some good clay pot rice in Mengzi on Zao Jie - Morning Street

Hcamez (39 posts) • 0

yeah, i have had it in a few places outside of kunming. Must exist here in Kunming somewhere.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Just Googled it and it looks like one of the dishes served at a small fast food like restaurant on the first floor of a tall building on the south-west corner of Xuefu Lu + Jianshe Lu. It's not as garnished as the dish in the pics, but has Yunnan meat, small vegetables and at the bottom, diced potatoes.

Related forum threads

Login to post