GoKunming Forums

Need info on going to Lushi (Lincang)

HighSky (14 posts) • 0

Has anyone been to this village on the ancient Tea and Horse road called Lushi (鲁史) in Lincang prefecture, Fengqing township ?

Is there accommodation in the village or in Fengqing?
How long does it take to go from Fengqing to Lushi?
Thanks in advance for your info and tips.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Take a bus from Feng Qing to Lu Shi. There are only 2 buses per day so call the FQ bus station to get the exact time for the bus schedule. There are small home guesthouses, nothing fancy. I am notat homeright now but i can give you more specificinfo when I get home. I was there 2 years ago.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Yun Xian is located 225 km (5 hours) south of Xia Guan, Dali. Yunxian is a very small town that serves as a crossroad to Dali, Baoshan and Lincang. Yunxian is 34 km (1 hour) east of Feng Qing.

Stone Cave (Shi Dong) Temple is located on the road between Yun Xian and Feng Qing. A large stone marks the entrance to the 15 km cobblestone road that will take you to the temple. Admission is free but you will need a motorcycle to drive you to the temple for 60 yuan round trip.

Feng Qing is located 34 km (1 hour) west of Yunxian.

Lu Shi Old Town is located 82 km (3 hours) north of Feng Qing via a good mountain road. Lu Shi was established in 1598 and was an important outpost of the Tea Horse Road. The Qing Long Bridge (Blue Dragon Bridge) was destroyed in 2010 and it has NOT been renovated.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Please call the FQ bus station to get the exact bus schedule. 0883-421-1289.

Buses run from 7am to 3 pm. Make sure you have someone who speaks chinese to call for you.

HighSky (14 posts) • 0

@HFCAMPO Lushi is about to change. I met students from Kunming who where there to do an extensive survey of the village. Their goal was to decide which houses were old enough to be protected.

The old temple at the bottom of the village was destroyed and is being 'renovated'.

Yet, it is an incredible place. If you want to go back to monitor change, go ASAP.

The last bus from Fengqing leaves by 1 PM.

Thank you for your help and info. You are a real wealth of information!

Related forum threads

Login to post