GoKunming Forums

Finest Chinese Restaurant?

tommann (423 posts) • 0

What, in your opinion, is the most delicious, upscale Chinese restaurant in Kunming? In other words, if someone who is extremely important to you wanted to dine out, and you wanted them to have the best experience possible (in Chinese food), where in Kunming would you go?

tommann (423 posts) • 0

tiger, let's say it is a Westerner, who has spent lots of time in China and enjoys Chinese food and culture, who is fairly wealthy, and is a man in his 60s.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Shunchen Weicai (顺城味彩),in downtown Shuncheng shopping center, opposite to Yunnan provincial First Peoples (Kun Hua) Hospital.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

If that person is wealthy and spent enough time in China, I would presume he has eaten at enough big table fancy restaurants. In Kunming, Dai food presents an opportunity not found in most other major Chinese cities.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

'Chinese restaurant' is a rather vague term - imagine going to Germany, Italy, Hungary or France and asking for the finest European restaurant. The variety of Chinese cuisine is comparably enormous. I am not pretending to be terribly knowledgeable about the subject of Chinese restaurants or Chinese food, but when 'foreigners' (whatever THAT means) in China discuss the issue in this manner we must look pretty stupid.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

If he's a wealthy guy, he will already be familiar with fancy places, so fine dining will be nothing new for him. Give him a taste of authenticity instead. Yunnan has tons of that. Mixian and shaokao?

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

I would recomend the

1910 La Gare du Sud 火车南站.
Isn't exactly fancy but it is fine dining and the place is very nice.
All dishes I had there were really good and the best is it's Chinese and local Kunming dishes.
It's in the old train station building so it has a certain charme.
Prices are good,the food is very good and it has outside tables in the courtyard (good option, if the weather is fine).

Related forum threads

Login to post