GoKunming Forums

Donating food / stuff in Kunming?

spelunkus (81 posts) • 0

Hello everyone,

I have just returned from a long 2 1/2 month road trip through Western China. I am trying to sell a lot of the gear in the classifieds (www.gokunming.com/[...]

Whatever I can't sell by the time I'm ready to go I want to donate. I also have a bunch of food and some other things that aren't worth selling.

Is there a place to donate food or other goods for disaster relief?

Thanks.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Hi Spelunkus
I have PMd you. Not sure my PMs get through. Please let me know on this thread if you did not receive the PM.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

In fact please reply on here if you did receive it and did pm me. I am not sure if I am receiving PMs. Lots of missed messages.

spelunkus (81 posts) • 0

@tigertiger Sorry, sent you an email yesterday so I thought you had it. I've resent the same email. Let me know if you get it.

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

@tigertiger,
If you have any info on where to donate, please post here, I'd like to know where too.

English Tutour (123 posts) • 0

I recently took and donated a bunch of used clothes and shoes to the little store right next to Paul's Shop. I think it's called Rainbow. I guess you could go and talk to the owner and see what he says. Good luck!

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

There was a similar thread before, but it seems gone. i'll just repost here.

If it's clothes or objects, you can put them in bags and leave them in small villages in the city (places where migrant workers usually live). Putting them in different bags at different places would guarantee that it's not only one or two people who would get the lot. Won't take much of your time, max 1 hour.

For food, if it's sealed or canned, you can just go downstairs and give them to security guards or cleaning ladies that you often see in your community. They don't always get the luxury to eat anything else than what the wuguan provide.

Although it's quick and convenient, I try to avoid organisations where I cannot see the goods being given to the people with my own eyes.

Related forum threads

Login to post