GoKunming Forums

Save the celebration of shabbiness!

Natsymir (101 posts) • 0

I'm leaving China soon, and being the last contributor present of the Heaven in Hell shabbiness blog, there's lots and lots and lots I'd still would like to do, but simply won't have time to (though I do have a few reviews still in the pipeline). It doesn't nearly feel like the blog's purpose, being a guide to cheap and shabby, off-the-beaten-track Kunming restaurants, is fullfilled. I actually think there's potential for growth; based on google analytics, off late the blog has had maybe 60-120 readers.

I'm not yet ready to completely hand over the blog, as I might go back to China in a year or two and wanna continue it, but I would be delighted if there's anybody in Kunming who'd feel up to the task of becoming a contributor, and post a new review every now and then. We can talk about the details later, if there is anyone interested, just know I cannot offer you anything else than the honor of a top spot on the contributors page, and an outlet for your witticism and cynicism.

If there's anyone who'd have more ambitious visions for the blog than mine, I'm definitely open to discuss it (for example, I hosted the blog on blog.se so it wouldn't be blocked by Big Brother, but since then blog.se did the extremely stupid move of joining wordpress, so now it's blocked...I would much prefer to host 'Heaven in Hell' on a site more easily accessible from China; it's after all a site meant for Kunmingren).

Here's the blog in all it's glory, please help me out and keep it going, as I feel a site like it is needed for the english-speaking community in Kunming. It'd be sad if I had to close it down:

kunmingsshabbiest.blog.se/

tommann (423 posts) • 0

I would be honored to be considered for such a thing. In fact, as you know I do a blog too, and I really like yours.

Related forum threads

Login to post