GoKunming Forums

Question re:Passport amended pages for visas

geosax (14 posts) • 0

I'd like to travel to Nepal and maybe some other countries next month, but my passport doesn't have anymore completely-blank pages. I considered going to the U.S. Consulate in Chengdu to have new pages stitched in, but just now read on a visa expediting website (nepal.travisa.com/) that "Amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for visa stamps."

I have not seen this mentioned on any official consulate websites, so I'm wondering if it's true. If so, what to do? My passport doesn't expire until 2017. I still have a few partially-blank pages for stamps, just no more completely-blank pages for a visa to be glued onto. I don't suppose they would be able to glue it over an expired visa or a page with just one stamp from several years ago? Thanks.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

I used to always do MAX visa add-in pages on my US passport - I think the add-in page limit was THREE (3) add-ins, despite the ludicrous state dept regulated usurious fees - but it's actually gotten to the point where it's just a small leap to get a brand spankin' new passport (the extra thick version). I also opted for that spiffy new expensive ID card - not good outside the continental USA (eg Mexico n Canada) - but it works with the local cops and sometimes at the international post office...in a pinch.

As for pasted in visa pages - who can really tell? But if Nepal says this, why take the risk? Also if your passport has a few blank PAGES left - that's good enough for the Nepal immigration to use...right?

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

You didn't hear this from me, but you can peel off old visas if you're desperate for space.

Related forum threads

Login to post