GoKunming Forums

Kitchen equipment area?

spelunkus (81 posts) • 0

Is there a part of town with markets for people buying kitchen equipment? I want to buy a decent stainless steel wok and steamer baskets, and they don't really sell them in Walmart, Carrefour, etc (and I don't have a Metro membership).

Thanks,
Matt

okbears (11 posts) • 0

There is a hotel and restaurant supply market on Qianxing lu in south KM. Its near the walmart on the opposite side of the street. You might take a look there.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

On Xi Yuan Lu, behind the Boloni flagship store (about 1km west of Dianchi Lu), there is a kitchen decoration market (fitted kitchens, sinks etc.). There are a couple of catering suppliers there. One of which has bamboo steamer baskets.

Define what you mean by a 'decent' stainless steel wok. Most woks I see seem to be semi-disposable items. I don't recall seeing any stailess woks.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I did see a stainless steel wok today, in the Dianchi Lu/Rixing Lu Carrefour.
Not big, at 30cm.
Not cheap, at almost 800 rmb

Natsymir (101 posts) • 0

Zhangguangyin second hand market is where I'd go for anything household-related. They have everything and it's extremely cheap. (Though forks can be difficult to find there). To find it, take bus 1 north along Jianshelu and Xuefulu, and jump off immediately after the ring road (a huge monstrosity on pillars). The market'll be down a slope across the street on your left.

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

I think Natsymir is giving directions to the used market at Huang Tu Po..

West part of the 2nd ring road...

I did see a lot of kitchen stuff there..

Related forum threads

Login to post