GoKunming Forums

transportation Luoping to Yuanyang (through Kaiyuan?)

Dimik (4 posts) • 0

Does anyone know how to get to Yuanyang from Luoping?

I found some very old information online which says there was a 10am bus from Luoping to Kaiyuan and there should be buses going from there.

Not sure if this schedule is still correct and until what time buses from Kaiyuan go to Yuanyang.

If anyone has more recent information they could share, I would really appreciate it!

shengqi (5 posts) • 0

1,LuoPing has bus to Kaiyuan, 2you sit to Kaiyuan averted as far as yuan Yang nansha car, can (bad roads go). If you need to rental a car,you can contact with me.

bluppfisk (398 posts) • 0

You may be able to do it in one day.

Take the bus from Luoping 罗平 to Kaiyuan 开远. Make sure you get the earliest bus so you have time to connect to Nansha.

For your own sanity, make sure you go over Gejiu 个旧 when connecting Kaiyuan to Nansha 南沙. The Jianshui 建水 to Nansha link has some very bad pavement, regular traffic accidents and congestion. Gejiu to Nansha should be fast, on new road and through a couple of tunnels.

From Nansha you can take a taxicab to 新街 because I take it you want to see the rice terraces? The taxi will be 15 RMB per person one way (last time I was there) and it leaves when it's full. Of course you can buy all the seats. It's about 30km from Nansha to Xinjie but it's all winding uphill. If you're easily nauseous, make sure you sit by the window. The taxis come with puke bags.

If you cannot make it there in one day, beware that Honghe Prefecture seems to have tough rules for foreigners staying in hotels. Only the larger ones will accept them. In Kaiyuan, there is a perfectly affordable and acceptable Bingguan near the Renmin Rd 人民路/Jianshe East Rd 建设东路 intersection. 70 RMB

In Gejiu you are limited to the crappy hotels opposite the bus station or the business hotel on the Zhongshan Rd 中山路/Jinhu South Rd 金湖南路 intersection. 90 RMB

In Nansha, I always stay at the hotel next to the Ganba restaurant at the west end of Renmin Rd, just after the massive climb. Nothing special, but ok. 50 RMB

Dimik (4 posts) • 0

Thank you very much for your detailed response. Do you know approximately what time is the last bus from Kaiyuan to Nansha?

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Please let me know if you did make it to Yuan Yang from Luoping and give me some specific directions on how you got there.

Dimik (4 posts) • 0

We did make it in 1 day, but it wasnt easy since we speak absolutely no chinese. Buses from Luoping to Kaiyuan were leaving at 7:50am and 10am on the Feb 17th, but on the 18th when we needed to go there was only 1 bus leaving at 12:40pm. So i am not sure if the schedule depends on the day of the week or even/odd days. Drive to Kaiyuan took 5 hours. Last bus from Kaiyuan to Yuanyang leaves at 13:40pm, so to make it you must be on 7:50am bus and hope for no traffic/accidents on the road. Morning buses start going around 7am I think. We hoped on the bus to Geiju, they were leaving when full, and we waited only ~10mins before it got on the way. It took ~1h to get there. Last bus from Geiju to Yuanyang leaves at 18:45pm, and we were 5 mins late for it. They told us to take a bus the next day, but then woman who was getting ppl for another bus, tried to explain there was a sleeper bus going somewhere far and passing through Yuanyang, and we managed to get on it and it dropped us of in Nansha. It left Geiju at 19:30pm and took abt 2 hours. No minivans/buses to Xinjie at that point, either sleep at Nansha (plenty of hotels near the bus station) or find a taxi to take you to Xinjie (they were quoting us 120-150RMB).

shengqi (5 posts) • 0

bluppfish say the way is the best,or other way is the that,1.back to kunming.2,from kunming south bus station to xinjie in YuanYang((one day three buses,10:20am,12:30pm,1:30pm).)from exit turn right around 100meters .take local mini van to duo yi shu,l give you a number of YuanYang youth hostel,they can speak English .so if youhave any questions ask them.tel:13769498158.Email:yuanyangyouthhostel@Yahoo.com,l went this hotel yesterday.any other questions send Email to me.

Oihane PaPer (4 posts) • 0

Dear all,

There is no way to go from Luoping to Xinjie? as far as I understood the way is Luoping > Kaiyuan > Nanshan
There is no buses from Kaiyuan to Xinjie? And If i stop in Jianshui for a short visit ( Luoping > Kaiyuan > Jianshui>Xinjie)? Does this route exist? Also, I wanted to know if it would be ok also to go straight to duoyishu in the same day (Luoping > Kaiyuan > Jianshui>Xinjie>Duoyishu) or I would need to stop to sleep somewhere in the middle.
Thank you in advance!

John Xie (109 posts) • 0

let me know when you will have this trip. I provide transportaion and have a guest house in Duoyishu, Yuanyang. I probably could give you a ride from Jianshui to Yuanyang around 13-15th, Feb

Oihane PaPer (4 posts) • 0

Thank you for your answer John Xie! I was thinking maybe to spend the night in Jianshui in 16th Feb and going 17th morning to Duoyishu. Would that be ok for you? I have already booked a guesthouse in Duoyishu.. :S give me a contact number and we can talk. Thank you again!

Related forum threads

Login to post