GoKunming Forums

Yunnan Arts Institute (YAI)

fishmonkey (2 posts) • 0

Does anyone know anything about Yunnan Arts Institute? I'm planning to start a ethnic music course there in september...or if you know of a better place let me know!

yadan (13 posts) • 0

I was looking at studying at Yunnan Arts Institue and I was having the same problems as you. I could not find anyone who had studied there before or a review of the school. I tried to contact Yunnan Arts Institute and I got no reply. I don't think I had the correct email. Could you possibly send me the email you were able to contact some with? I really want to study Chinese and Ethnic Music as well. Good look

zlif23 (159 posts) • 0

Yunnan Arts Institute (YNAI), founded in 1959, is the only comprehensive art university in Southwest China. It is authorized by the Academic Degree Committee of the China's National Council to confer Master Degrees on students specializing in Dramatics, Musicology, Study of Art Design, Study of Art and Study of Fine Arts. YNAI consists of seven schools: the School of Music, School of Dance, School of Drama, School of Fine Arts, School of Art Design, School of Adult Education and Wen Hua School; together with two departments: the Department of Movie & Television and the Department of Art & Culture. The university also has an Attached Middle & High School.

Contact Information:

外办联系方式
地址昆明市西山区麻园9
电话:0086-871-6249126
传真:0086-871-6249906
E-mail: yaifao@ynart.edu.cn

Tel: 86-871-6249126

Fax: 86-871-6249906

Email: yaifao@ynart.edu.cn

Add: No.9 Ma Yuan, Wu Hua District, Kunming, Yunnan

Postcode: 650101
www.ynart.edu.cn/ynart/bumeng/wanbai/readdetail.aspx?id=12625
in fact this is the yunnan art university云南艺术学院.

zlif23 (159 posts) • 0

oh. maybe try this: the music department
yyxy@ynart.edu.cn
or xiaogeng@ynart.edu.cn
or maybe call them.

beam 77 (1 post) • 0

Five years passed since the last post, anyone knows anything about this university?
I've sent an e-mail (in chinese) and I was answered promptly and clearly, which left me with a good impression. Actually, I had never got a response from a chinese university before.
I want to go there to study chinese.
How many international students are there? The dorms, are they well maintained? How many classes per week?
The only information I can find is the official information in the school's website, so, anything anyone could possibly tell me would be very helpfull.

Many thanks!

sopotkowo (1 post) • 0

Hello,

I am a Fine Arts student from Europe also wanting to start education in Yunnan Arts Institute - Chinese Painting. Could anyone please provide me some information on the university?

Thanks a lot!

Related forum threads

Login to post