GoKunming Forums

japanese encephalitis immunization and malaria pills

sensus (2 posts) • 0

japanese encephalitis immunization and malaria pills

i was wondering if there was a clinic you could go to or do i have to go to a hospital?
which hospital would be most convenient (ie. speed)?
also it would help to maybe get the chinese characters for each one, assuming that most hospitals don't have english speakers.

jjarmusch (1 post) • 0

good question. I have been looking for malaria pills for many days when I first came to kunming on april 2007, in order to travel to south Nu Jiang, west Yunnan. in vain... only in Nu Jiang I luckily met a local doctor who gave me malaria pills (those pills are given for free to local people as part of government program to fight malaria in south Yunnan). did not get exposed to malaria though afterwards, but I believe the pills were effective.
so sorry i cant help u much, try your luck by asking chinese friends around who share relatives living in potentially dangerous areas in Yunnan.

rehab (4 posts) • 0

well,if would suggest..
i'm not sure where to find the malaria pills here in Kunming, cos my friend got malaria too around 3-4 months ago and stayed in the hospital for a few weeks then he went to hospital in Thailand. The doctors here say overhere didn't have this kind of pills and they don't know how to cure it.So the best way my friend just went to Thailand and then just a week later he come back and he's just fine..

if you have money and time then just go to Thailand..

Related forum threads

Login to post